| 80 |

January 2018

꧁꧂

SENDING MY KNIFE flying across the room, I make a direct hit in a man's head. He falls to the ground instantly, lifeless.

The whole "don't kill anyone" mantra went through the roof once the gang and I heard word of some HYDRA agents in Orlando. The organization still wouldn't give up.

We were in Orlando now, completing the mission of taking down what's left of the dead organization.

"Agent Barnes, your left!" The Falcon alarms me. I send my fist to my left, meeting the face of an enemy.

"Thanks, Falcon." I continue to fight, my mind shifting to one of its own as I naturally kill the enemy agents.

Once I was surrounded by dead bodies on the floor, I halt in my motions.

Steve and Nat stood, panting, only a few feet away. Steve starts to make his way towards me, but I hold a hand out. He stops, tilting his head in confusion. His eyebrows furrow, worry is evident in his eyes.

"I'm okay, just give me a second." I search my mind for a certain assassin, finding no trace of Maleficent. I nod my head to confirm.

Steve walks slowly up to me, placing his hands on my shoulders and leaning down to gaze into my eyes.

He searches, what for, I don't know.

"Steve, I want you to do something for me."

—————————————

My phone on the nightstand rings loudly, but only waking me up in the process. I check the time before answering the phone. It was 3 in the morning.

"Hello?" I answer, not bothering to check the phone contact.

"Char?" My brother's voice is raspy, that one word cracking.

"Buck? What's wrong?" I ask, worried. I sit up fully, ready to race out the door and to him.

"I just- it's really good to hear your voice." He whispers into the phone, a relieving sigh flowing from the call.

"Is everything okay, James?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's just a nightmare," he reassures. He failed at doing so.

"Are you sure you're okay? I'll come down there if you need me to."

He groans, not liking the idea. "I'm not going to disrupt your life."