| 51 |

2014
Age ninety-six

2014Age ninety-six

꧁꧂

IT HAD ONLY been three days since the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA. Charlie and Bucky had stayed in the abandoned building the whole three days, not daring to show their faces in public.

But finally, they were preparing to leave America.

It would be tonight they would begin their journey to Bonn, Germany. During the day today, the two would go visit the Smithsonian.

They both enter, hats on their heads.

"Welcome to the Smithsonian." A woman on the PA announced. Bucky and Charlie stick close to each other, not letting the other get five feet from them.

Charlie guides Buck to the back, where the Captain America exhibit is.

"Too scrawny and frail to enlist in the U.S. Military during World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum." Bucky read aloud.

Memories of the experiment flashed painfully in Charlie's head.

"Steven!"

"Turn it off! Stop it! Shut it down! Stark!" She commanded, running up to gaze over Howard's shoulder.

"Steven!" The doctor bangs on the metal of the contraption.

"Shut it down!" Charlie repeats herself.

"Kill the reactor, Mr. Stark!"

"Is that not what I've been saying?" She raise her arms.

They all ignore her. "Turn it off! Kill it! Kill the reactor!"

"No! Don't! I can do this!" Steve shouts, pain lacing his tone.

Steve, are you suicidal, she thought.

Howard continues to raise the percentage. "80%." The light becomes too bright to look at, even with the sunglasses.

"90. That's 100%!" Things begin to spark, and Howard hovers his body over Charlie in protection.

Everything cuts off, and the electricity hums down. She stands up, Howard getting off of her. She thanks him quietly, staring at the prime source of it all.