| 61 |

2016
Age ninety-eight

2016Age ninety-eight

꧁꧂

THE TWO SIBLINGS sat in the coffee shop Charlie works at, watching the news report.

There was an attack on Lagos, most likely HYDRA. Apparently the Avengers had taken part in being destructive, an explosion costing hundreds of lives.

The government had created something called the Sokovia Accords, a contract that permitted them to work only under supervision. No longer private. 117 countries approved, ratifying the Sokovia Accords.

Charlie found it stupid.

It's not the Avengers fault that the destruction happens. It'd be much worse if they weren't there.

"Can you believe that? I wonder what Nat and Steve think." Charlie nudges Bucky who is still staring at the TV.

"Char," he gets her attention.

"Yeah?" She looks up at him, following his gaze.

"Sadly, Agent Margaret Carter, a reformed legend, has died last night in her sleep. At 94 years old, the woman had achieved more in her lifetime than any other agent that worked alongside her. The funeral will be held in London, England tomorrow morning. Back to you, Jack." The TV broadcast continues on.

Charlie sat blankly, not letting any emotion through her barrier.

In reality, the news had crushed her. She had visited Peggy four times, each time taking it as her last.

She just didn't know it'd be this soon.

Charlie stood, rushing back home. Bucky followed behind, more calm than his sister.

When she entered the apartment, she left the door open behind her. Ollie jumped over to his owner joyfully, glad to have her home.

Charlie pat Ollie on the head once, moving over to her stuff to pack a bag. She stuffed a black dress into the bag, adding some water, food, and a handgun inside.

"You're going to the funeral?" Bucky inquired, finally closing the door as he walked in.

"I have to." Charlie checks other places to make sure everything was in order. She pulled up the loose floorboard, making sure hers and Buck's go-bag was in place.

"You know Steve will be there." Bucky leans against the wall near the lamp, petting Ollie, who was watching Charlie curiously.