| 27 |

1991
Siberian HYDRA base
Age sixty-three
Looks twenty-eight

1991Siberian HYDRA baseAge sixty-threeLooks twenty-eight

꧁꧂

JUST LIKE A million times before, Maleficent was once again woken from her cryogenic sleep.

She liked it better in the ice. She didn't have to kill anyone or follow orders like some dog.

Karpov was the first face she was met with. Over the years, when he was her handler, she had grown to hate him the most out of all the ones she's had.

He was ruthless and cruel. He would use her for his pleasantries, throwing her away as if she was nothing.

Maleficent was dragged from the cryostasis chamber and into her chair. Strapped and locked, they shoved the mouth rubber into her mouth quickly.

The scientists were in a rush this time.

She bit down on the mouth guard as the machine circled downwards, electricity sparking between the metal plates.

Screaming was all that could be heard for a long time. Maleficent hadn't registered the scientists waking the Winter Soldier, doing the same brainwashing she was going through.

After several more minutes, her words being called out and her becoming the obedient soldier she was trained to be, they released her to gather her things in Room 0212.

Maleficent would be informed of the assignment's information when she came back, the Winter Soldier by her side.

"Доброе утро, солдат." She hears Karpov say when she walks back into the lab.

Good morning, Soldier.

The Winter Soldier is in his chair, sweat pouring off of him.

"Готов подчиниться." The Winter Soldier blankly says, eyes the same expression as his voice.

Ready to comply.

The words are familiar to Maleficent. She herself had to relay the phrase over and over again. It's how she was trained to be.

"У меня есть миссия для вас и Малефисенты." At the mention of her name, Maleficent steps forward further into the lab.

I have a mission for you and Maleficent.

"Санкция и выписка. Свидетелей нет," were Karpov's exact words.