| 4 |

1936
Age eighteen

1936Age eighteen

꧁꧂

"YOU'RE SO LUCKY, have you seen your brother? Eye candy all day!" My 'best friend' Mary Ann gushes over her obsession with Bucky.

I'm pretty sure that she's only pretending to be my best friend to get closer with him.

I look at her in disgust. "That's my brother that you're telling me to stare at," I deadpan.

She shrugs with a smirk. "All to myself then."

Speaking of the man, nineteen year old Bucky stands in front of the school waiting to pick me up with Steve.

I hurriedly make my way to the pair, glad to finally get rid of Mary Ann.

"Bucky! Hi! What are you doing later? Maybe we can go to the diner and grab a milkshake?" She flirtingly winks at him, swings her hips around.

I stand next to Steve and blush as he smiles brightly upon my arrival.

"Hey Steve." I say quietly.

"Charlie-girl, how was your day?"

"Mighty fine, yours?"

"Great!" He replies giddily. What I didn't know was the increase in his heart rate the moment he saw me.

"I'm actually busy, maybe another time." Bucky finally states, brushing off the girl and turning to his two favorite people.

We take a stroll down the street to reach Stevie's apartment.

"What's the plan for today guys?" I question, wanting to rub all the learning off me.

"We can go to the diner?" Bucky suggested. "That girl gave me some hungry thoughts."

We both snicker at his wording. Steve remains confused as he is still too innocent for this world.

Opening his door, Steve enters the house with us trailing behind him.

"Ma! Hey, I'm home! Ma, where are you?" He searches around but to no avail, she's not here. "Guess she had a late night at the ward, I'll leave a note."

We head out and eat dinner at the diner, unknowing of Steve's mother receiving tuberculosis and becoming hospitalized.

"Cupcake or cake?" Bucky fires out questions for the small boy to answer.