| 66 |

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

CHARLIE BUSTS OPEN the glass, anger lit in her eyes.

The man hid behind the Winter Soldier, relying on the Soldier to protect him from her.

"Зима, этот человек не ГИДРА. Этот человек самозванец." Charlie reasons with the Winter Soldier.

Winter, this man is not HYDRA. He's an imposter.

The Soldier scrunches his eyebrows, confused.

By now, all the agents guarding the room were now dead on the ground. That was before she got out.

"Но он сказал мои слова. Я должен его послушать." The Winter Soldier argues, backing up his new handler.

But he said my words. I should listen to him.

"You don't have to," she changes their conversation to English.

The Soldier shakes his head, eyes hardening.

"Soldier, take her down." The man ordered. Without hesitation, he ran at Charlie.

She deflected the hit, using her elbow to lodge it in his throat. He retaliates by sending his foot deep in her stomach.

It almost makes her lose her dinner from last night.

Charlie rolled away, putting up her arms as the Soldier goes to land a punch on her.

Her forearm cracks as his metal fist collides with it.

Blinded by the pain, she didn't see the hand reaching for her head until it was too late.

Charlie shouts as the Winter Soldier grabs a fistful of hair, slamming her head into the cage that once contained her.

Then everything goes black.

—————————————

When Charlie regained consciousness, Steve was standing over her. "Come on, Char. We have to go."

He picked her up, guiding her along. She stopped him from going any further, pulling him towards her.

He's surprised by the hug, not expecting the gesture from her. But it's an embrace he accepts.

Steve hugs her tight, burying his nose in the side of her head. She's shorter than him, even with the SSS in her veins. But he has it too.

"It's been so long," she muttered, nuzzling into his chest.

"I thought I lost you."

They stay like that for a moment longer.

"Now we really have to go!" Charlie now drags him, almost fully healed from her fight with the Winter Soldier. Her forearm was still a little sore and dried blood covered her hair line.