Chapter 40

In June of this year, Xia Lin experienced the second college entrance examination in his life. After the exam, he rarely experienced a sense of relief. 

After the college entrance examination was over, the original class organized a graduation party and called back the top students who were assigned to key classes.

Xia Lin originally didn't want to go because he was afraid that he would be embarrassed when he meets Song Yan but then he thought about it, maybe Song Yan didn't care anymore, so why bother to restrain himself. So that night, he cleaned himself up a little more vigorously and took Zhou Shuo out.

The venue was set in a large room of a local luxury hotel. It is said that this place was carefully selected by a few class members in the class. The cost of the venue was paid by pooling the money the whole class could collect.

But apart from Xia Lin, nobody knows that this hotel is actually one of Song Yan's father's properties.

Song Yan and Xia Lin, although born with a golden spoon in their childhood, are very low-key in school. 

They ride bicycles to and from school like other students on weekdays. They wear common clothes and bags and they do not deliberately buy luxury item brands so although the students vaguely knew that their family was rich, they did not know how rich their family was.

When Xia Lin walked into the room and saw that the class monitor was bragging to a few classmates that he had set up this big room because of his incredible connection, he endured it for a long time before he let himself laugh.

After a while, Song Yan and Yu Luotong walked in talking and laughing, and the monitor went up to show Song Yan: "Well, my room is set pretty well. We received a huge discount and most people can't make it!"

"Yeah, it's not bad, great." Song Yan nodded in agreement with a smile. 

In fact, Song Yan asked his father secretly for a huge discount. It's just that his father arranged it like this to give face to the person with the connection.

Song Yan was chatting with the squad leader while staring absently and finally collided with Xia Lin. Both of them were slightly startled and then Xia Lin looked away.

Yu Luotong also saw Xia Lin and the smile on his face soon disappeared. He whispered something in Song Yan's ear, Song Yan nodded, and then Yu Luotong ran to the buffet to pick up some food.

Song Yan hesitated for a while, as if he wanted to go to Xia Lin, but was soon surrounded by a few girls.

Song Yan looks good and he has had no shortage of suitors since he was a child, but in the past, girls were more reserved because of school rules. Now that the college entrance examination is over, they want to go their separate ways. How can they seize their last chance? Maybe they will succeed.

At this time, someone came on stage to order songs and the room started to become noisy. The host took the microphone and said a few words of blessings then urged Song Yan to go up and sing. 

Song Yan was eager to take this opportunity to get rid of the girls and hurried to the stage in two or three steps, took the microphone from the host, and pondered for a moment: "Then, I'll sing [Hot Heart]."

"I thought about it for a long time, why do I fall in love with you, why do tears of sadness and tears of happiness flow..." 

Song Yan's voice is low and magnetic, pretending to be singing a love song deeply. It's almost overwhelming.

Xia Lin clearly remembered that in their last life, he had vaguely realized that he liked Song Yan, just listening to him sing on KTV.

They were only in junior high school at that time. Song Yan's facial features were not fully developed but the completely different appearance while singing attracted Xia Lin's attention. 

Until Song Yan finished singing and made faces at everyone, Xia Lin hadn't recovered yet and he knew at that time that his heart had fallen.

Regrettably, Song Yan sang countless love songs for Yu Luotong in his previous life and none of them were for Xia Lin. 

This time, Xia Lin listened to Song Yan's singing and subconsciously looked at Yu Luotong's reaction.

At this time, Yu Luotong was standing in front of the fruit plate not far behind Xia Lin. When he heard Song Yan sing, he looked up. 

His face was amazing and he also clapped and applauded with everyone, but then he lowered his head again and continued to eat the fruit as if the fruit was more attractive in his eyes.

Xia Lin suddenly became speechless. He remembered that every time Song Yan sang in his previous life, Yu Luotong listened very attentively, and sometimes he could see tears. 

How come in this life...?

Xia Lin turned around and looked at Song Yan again and found that Song Yan's gaze was drifting over here intentionally or unintentionally as if watching Yu Luotong, and also as if Xia Lin's kind of blocking other people's meeting. 

Feeling guilty, he dragged Zhou Shuo and said, "There are too many people here and I'm a little bored. Come out with me to get some fresh air."