Chapter 56

Five hours later, Xia Lin walked out of the building where the operating room was located heavily. 

He raised his eyes and saw a familiar figure leaning on the handrail of the steps outside the building with unconcealable sleepiness and exhaustion between his eyebrows.

The moment the two met, Song Yan straightened up immediately, calling out, "Xia Lin." 

Xia Lin was a little dazed: "You... have been waiting here?"

"I don't know which floor you are on and I don't dare call to interfere with you. After thinking about it, it is safer to wait here." Song Yan said with a silly smile.

Xia Lin suddenly felt a little sore at the tip of his nose. It was not because of Song Yan's words, but because of the long-repressed sadness that was on the verge of collapse. 

Seeing Song Yan staying here, his fragile heart was suddenly pried open and his eyes instantly turned red.

Song Yan was suddenly at a loss: "What's wrong, Xia Lin? Did I make you angry again?" 

Xia Lin closed his eyes and shook his head: "No." 

"What is it?"

"The patient has passed away," Xia Lin let out a sigh of relief, "Everyone tried their best but still couldn't save him." 

Song Yan was stunned for a moment: "Is the patient your relative? Or a friend?" 

"Neither"

"Then you..." Song Yan paused then sighed suddenly, patted Xia Lin's shoulder lightly, "Doctors are accustomed to life and death. Your heart is so soft, how will you be a doctor in the future." 

Xia Lin shook his head and said nothing.

Song Yan would not understand that he was crying with sorrow not only for this patient but also because he foresees another outcome of his last life in this patient. 

Even if he agreed to Xia Liang's suggestion to undergo the operation, he would probably only die either way.

Seeing that Xia Lin was depressed, Song Yan patted his shoulders and said, "Don't think about it too much. I'm so hungry, shall we go to eat?" 

Xia Lin suddenly remembered: "Where did you eat lunch before?" 

Song Yan said: "I didn't eat."

"You didn't eat?" Xia Lin looked at his watch incredulously. It was almost time for dinner now.

"Don't you know where to find a place to eat?" 

"Didn't you say that you are in charge of the food?" Song Yan looked aggrieved. 

"You, you-" Xia Lin pointed at Song Yan, too angry to speak.

Song Yan stretched out his hand to wrap Xia Lin's fingers: "I don't know how long the operation will take. I'm afraid I will miss you again as soon as I walk away." 

Xia Lin said helplessly: "Then why didn't you call to ask!"

"I'm afraid you'd dislike me again." 

Xia Lin completely lost his temper.

Regardless of the previous life or this life, Song Yan was born to restrain him. 

"Let's go eat." Xia Lin resigned and went out first. 

"Wait for a while," Song Yan called to him, "I parked the car nearby. I'll drive."

Xia Lin stopped and glanced at Song Yan. This guy has still not given up on making him follow his script.

Suddenly, Xia Lin didn't want to wrestle with him anymore. The tug-of-war continued for too long and made him a little tired. 

In addition, Song Yan waited for him in hunger until now. He really couldn't harden his heart to refuse his request.

After getting in Song Yan's car, Xia Lin asked tiredly, "Where to?" 

"Bull Rider, is it okay?" Bull Rider is a relatively old western restaurant in City B. He went there with Song Yan a few times in high school before but when he heard of the relocation, he never went to it again.

"Do you know where Bull Rider is?" Xia Lin asked.

"I know. It's downstairs in our branch." 

Xia Lin: "..." 

Song Yan turned his head and blinked at him: "It's very close, are you happy?"

Xia Lin thought to himself, if it is close to you and not to me, why should I be happy about. 

He listened to Song Yan continuing: "In the future, you can order whatever you want to eat when you go to Bull Rider. If it is inconvenient for you to come out, you can choose the delivery service. As long as you report your name, Xia Lin, everything is free."

Xia Lin said: "Why?" 

"Because it has been acquired by me." Song Yan said lightly. 

Xia Lin was taken aback: "When did it happen?" 

"Just two days ago."

Xia Lin suddenly understood that the small project that Song Yan had mentioned before was referring to the acquisition of Bull Rider. 

"Heh," Xia Lin smiled complicatedly, "You Song family have stretched out your hands long enough in the past few years. You even have to intervene in the catering industry?"

"It's not our Song family," Song Yan corrected. "This is my own project." 

Xia Lin was shocked again. 

Song Yan started working on his own before graduating from university. This growth rate was a bit faster than he expected.