Chapter 109

Song Yan gradually recovered and only pressed the answer button after the assistant went out.

"Why did it take so long to answer the phone," Song Huaixn said anxiously, "I was thinking that if you won't answer again, I'll just teleport to you."

Song Yan took a deep breath, trying his best to make his tone indistinguishable from any emotions: "Looking for me so late, what's the matter?" 

"Du Lanze brought news that according to the latest report from their monitoring station, the first intersection of the two large space trajectories is about to arrive."

Song Yan's expression changed. He couldn't help but straighten up and ask, "After so much effort, there is still no way to avoid the collision?"

"The results are more optimistic than what we previously expected," Song Huaixin reassures him, "but our time is limited. We can only minimize the possible harm. At present, the ABO family has activated their first-level defense system and deployed adequate countermeasures. But because they are at a higher plane, if a collision really occurs, it is your Zero Realm that is in a more unfavorable situation."

Song Yan understood what he meant. The level of technology at Zero Realm lags far behind other planes. He has been vigorously supporting the local technology industry for three years but the time is too short and the cycle of simulation experiments is too long. Some experimental products went into production smoothly, but it is not as simple as to really play a role in promoting the advancement of the entire society.

Song Yan was silent for a moment then asked in a dumb voice, "When is the first intersection point?" 

"If you follow the current trajectory of Zero Realm, it will be about two weeks later. "

Song Yan closed his eyes in despair and said with difficulty: "What else can I do...what can I do?" 

"Go back to your country first," Song Huaixin said, "There are no solutions and the risks are high. Controlling from afar is no longer practical. If you go back to your country first, we will talk in person."

Song Yan heard a glimmer of hope between the lines of the other party's words. He pursed his lips, his tight facial lines eased slightly, and said in a low voice, "Okay, I will arrange and hand over some of the projects and go home."

Du Lanze's voice came from the other end of the phone: "What else are you handing over? Just ask Huaixin to pick you up."

Song Yan scrunched his eyebrows helplessly: "I have to abide by the rules on our side. Traveling without a passport or visa is called smuggling, not to mention that my assistant doesn't know anything. If I disappear out of thin air, he will call the police."

When Xia Lin returned to the hotel, it was already eleven o'clock in the evening. 

Gavin, with a gentleman's manner, sent Xia Lin to the elevator on the first floor before reluctantly saying goodbye to him.

Xia Lin stood alone in the empty elevator, his eyebrows furrowed, and his thoughts serious. 

The gossip that Jaden mentioned before was like a sudden sharp thorn that pierced into his heart, making him a little breathless.

He remembered that during Song Yan's second year in the United States, he told him that he could walk on crutches. In the third year, he was basically not different from a normal person. 

But it is not consistent with Jaden's gossip. The employee recently applied to Song Yan's company a few months ago. 

If what he said is true...

Xia Lin shook his head subconsciously. No, he would rather believe that it was just a rumor. 

He was thinking so wildly that he even forgot to press the elevator floor, so the elevator skipped the 15th floor where he was staying and went straight to the 17th floor.

When the elevator door made a "ding" sound, Xia Lin came back to his senses. He looked up at the display and was about to press it. 

At this time, the elevator door slowly opened and two people outside the door were about to come in. One of them was sitting in a wheelchair. He was looking at him with astonishment.

Xia Lin was stunned. 

His eyes moved down and froze on the man's legs. His hands and feet were cold and he felt that the blood in his body was about to freeze. 

One of the two was inside the elevator and the other was outside. They looked at each other silently for a while until the elevator door was about to close automatically. Xia Lin quickly pressed the button to open the door and stepped out hurriedly.

Song Yan steered the wheelchair back. 

The lights outside the elevator were very bright, reflecting on his legs, leaving him nowhere to hide. Since he received Song Huaixin's call, he ordered his assistant to pack his luggage and prepare to go downstairs to check out. He never expected that he would bump into Xia Lin at the elevator.

After a while, he opened his mouth unnaturally and said in a dumb voice: "Xia Lin, why are you..."

"You came to City F. Why didn't you tell me?" 

Xia Lin looked at him with a mixture of astonishment and anger, as well as some other complicated emotions that were unclear. Then he took a deep breath and tried to make his own voice as stable as possible. 

"Song Yan don't you think you owe me an explanation?"