Chapter 70

The next day, Xia Lin got up on time as usual. As soon as he finished washing, he received a call from Zhou Shuo saying that he had already arrived downstairs in the dormitory. 

Xia Lin walked downstairs with a bag and saw Zhou Shuo leaning against the car door, smiling and waving at him.

Zhou Shuo was originally tall. After four years in the military academy, he was 1.9 meters tall. He was clever and slender and his wheat-colored skin exuded a charming and vigorous charm in the morning light. At the same time, it also makes him seem more calm and restrained.

Such a handsome guy just walks to the side of the road and his turnaround rate is almost 200%. 

Xia Lin followed him into the car and asked, "Are you going to graduate soon?" 

Zhou Shuo nodded.

"What are your plans after graduation?"

Zhou Shuo hesitated: "The school assigned me to the army but I haven't decided yet." 

"Are you dissatisfied with the school's allocation?" 

"No," Zhou Shuo paused, "I always feel that I should go home and do something."

Xia Lin patted him helplessly on the shoulder: "Your mind is still so heavy. Both my brother and I took you as a younger brother. When you first proposed that you want to go to the military academy, we are mentally prepared to send you to the army. So if you want to go to the army, you can go there. If you graduate from the military academy as a top student and won't join the army, I'd feel so sorry for the country."

Zhou Shuo glanced at him gratefully: "Thank you, Young Master." 

"In the future, don't call me young master. I am one year older than you. You can call me brother." 

Zhou Shuo smiled: "Brother Lin."

Xia Lin smiled and said, "I have recognized you as my younger brother. Since you call me Brother Lin then you can call Brother Xia Liang as Brother too." 

Zhou Shuo shook his head: "I won't dare call the Young Master that." 

"Why not?"

"I...I'm afraid of him" 

"Afraid of him?" Xia Lin felt a little unbelievable. Although Xia Liang was a bit colder, he never criticized Zhou Shuo. Why was Zhou Shuo afraid of him? 

"Why are you afraid of him?"

"I don't know. Since the first time I saw the young master, I didn't dare to look into his eyes." 

Xia Lin still looked confused: "My brother's eyes...are quite normal."

Zhou Shuo shook his head and smiled: "I can't describe the feeling. I stayed in the military academy for four years. I was not afraid of the sky. I'm not even afraid of the instructor when he gets angry. But when I got home and saw the young master, I didn't dare breathe."

Xia Lin thought it was amazing. 

He asked, "When did you enter the Xia family? I didn't even remember when I saw you for the first time. You still remember the first time you saw my brother?"

"It was about when I was four or five years old," Zhou Shuo thought for a while. "I was impressed because when the old lady came to the orphanage to pick children, she didn't actually plan to accept me. She felt that I was too young. It's not worth it. At that time, Young Master Xia Liang said that it would be nice to take me back to be a companion for Xia Lin. The old lady thought about it and accepted me."

Xia Lin suddenly said, "So to be precise, my brother didn't leave you behind?" 

"I always regard him as my greatest benefactor."

Xia Lin thought it was no wonder that Zhou Shuo would occasionally show a little bit of his childish side when he followed him, but whenever he saw Xia Liang, he would be so respectful and behaved. It turned out that this was the reason.

"You can call him however you want," Xia Lin patted his arm. "If you feel that calling him the young master can make you feel at ease, it's okay to keep calling him like that."

Anyway, Xia Liang didn't seem to care too much about these details. 

When he got home, Xia Liang was sitting in the yard reading a book on economics and management. There was a cup of warm morning tea on the coffee table. He looked very comfortable.

"You're back." 

Seeing Xia Lin and Zhou Shuo get off the car, he took the initiative to greet them, "Have you had breakfast?" 

"Not yet," Xia Lin said with a smile, "As soon as I finished washing, Zhou Shuo came. I said you came too early, right?" 

He said the last sentence referring to Zhou Shuo.

Zhou Shuo replied: "I'm used to getting up early in school. I woke up early, thinking about picking up the second younger brother earlier. Brother Lin, I forgot about breakfast." 

When Xia Liang heard him change Xia Lin's name to "Brother Lin", he glanced at Xia Lin calmly, took a sip of morning tea, and smiled at the corner of his mouth.

Zhou Shuo again said: "Has the eldest master had breakfast? Or should I go out to buy it?"

"I've eaten," Xia Liang waved his hand. "You don't have to go out to buy anymore. The millet porridge made by Aunt Wang is still hot in the pot and there are side dishes in the refrigerator. You two eat by yourselves."

Their grandmother is a devout Buddhist advocate and keeps everything simple so the two children of the Xia family have three meals a day and are no different from ordinary families.

Xia Liang inherited this trait as well. After his father and grandma settled abroad, he took his younger brother to live in a huge villa. On weekdays, apart from Zhou Shuo, only Uncle Teng, who was used as a driver, was the only one who took care of him. They have three meals a day which is always prepared by Auntie Wang.

Xia Lin asked, "When are Dad and Grandma arriving?" 

"They should have gotten off the plane," Xia Liang checked his watch, "Uncle Teng has already picked them up."

Xia Lin nodded and Zhou Shuo went to the kitchen to eat some porridge. 

They then heard the whistle of the car coming from outside. This is the flute language used by Uncle Teng, which means that the elders in the family have returned and the younger ones will come out to greet them.

Xia Lin hadn't seen his grandma for many years in his last life. He immediately dropped his bowl and chopsticks and ran out.

At this time, Xia Liang was helping the old lady get out of the car. The old lady was nearly 90 years old with curly silver hair and good spirits. 

When she got out of the car, she muttered, "Where is Xiao Lin? Xiao Lin is not at home?"

(Xiao = little; an endearment used by the older generation to address a person younger than them)

The moment Xia Lin saw his grandma, his nose was sour. He greeted her with tears. 

He hugged the old lady, choked up, and said, "Grandma, I miss you very much."