Chapter 126

At noon the next day, when Xia Lin came back from his class, the nanny had already prepared meals for them and went back first. 

Song Yan and Xia Lin sat face to face for dinner. Neither spoke a word and the atmosphere was depressed and solemn. 

After eating, Xia Lin went to the kitchen to wash the dishes.

Song Yan is still sitting at the dining table. He looked at Xia Lin's back then looked at his watch, feeling a little anxious in his heart. 

Song Yan finally couldn't help but urge: "Xia Lin, if you don't leave, the movie will begin." 

Xia Lin seems to be angry. He didn't look back and just ignored him.

Song Yan said again: "Just leave the bowls and chopsticks." 

Xia Lin put the washed dishes and chopsticks back in place one by one. He arranged them neatly, wiped the stove and dining table clean, then walked to Song Yan and looked at him.

"Do you want me to go?"

Song Yan looked at him speechlessly, praying in his heart that Xia Lin would not make trouble with him at this time and go quickly. 

Xia Lin asked: "Don't you have anything you want to say to me?" 

Song Yan stopped talking. 

After a few moments, he raised his eyes to meet Xia Lin's gaze. His voice choked slightly: "Be careful on the road."

A look of disappointment appeared on Xia Lin's face. With tears in his eyes, he watched Song Yan quietly for a long while, then opened the door and went out without looking back. 

At the same time, a car drove towards the gate of Song Yan's community but was stopped at the gate.

Zhou Shuo blew the horn a few times but the security of the community did not appear for a long time. 

He turned to Xia Liang and said, "Master, I will go down and take a look." 

Xia Liang followed Zhou Shuo and got out of the car. He found that the doors and windows of the guardhouse were closed and there was no one inside. They looked at each other suspiciously. 

Zhou Shuo: "Master, I think there is something wrong with this community. Does Song Yan really live here? How about I call and ask..."

"No need," Xia Liang said, "You park the car, and let's walk in." 

Zhou Shuo wanted to say something but decided to keep silent.

In fact, he and Xia Liang only came back from another province yesterday. Last night, Xia Liang was called into the study by Xia's father and talked for more than two hours. 

Zhou Shuo was worried about what might happen so he didn't dare go to rest first and stayed outside the study.

When Xia Liang came out, his face was not good. He immediately called Xia Lin and asked him where he is now. Xia Lin answered absent-mindedly and hung up without saying a few words. 

Xia Liang's face became more ugly.

Later, Zhou Shuo learned from Uncle Teng that Xia Lin's temperament became a little weird after he returned from the United States.

At first, the Xia family thought he had gone back to school and didn't care too much. Later, rumors gradually spread, saying that the second child of the Xia family lived in the same room with the lame Song family boy and that their relationship is not simple.

This rumor reached Father Xia's ears, making Father Xia very angry. He felt that Xia Lin had lost the Xia family's face. At the same time, he was wondering whether the Song family knew it and what attitude they would have if they knew it.

Zhou Shuo stopped the car, followed Xia Liang, and asked, "Master, are you planning to take Brother Lin back?" 

Xia Liang paused and glanced back at Zhou Shuo: "Why? Do you feel sorry for your brother Lin for fear of him being captured and confined by me?"

Zhou Shuo shook his head quickly. 

"I told him as early as three years ago that if he intends to stay with Song Yan, I will not stop him but he has to discuss with me in advance and I will come forward to negotiate with the elders of both parties. But what did he say at the time? He said he wouldn't consider Song Yan and let me leave his business alone."

"Now that he is willing to be with Song Yan, he ran to live with Song Yan without saying a word. Now, all the ugly words are coming out. Dad has lost his face so naturally, he won't wait to see Song Yan. At this time, I will come forward to protect him. We will miss the opportunity if we are very passive and it will be tricky to solve the problem. Does he understand this?"

Zhou Shuo thought to himself that the anger that the eldest master had been holding back all night was finally coming out. 

He observed Xia Liang's face and tentatively said: "The specific situation is still unclear. Should I wait until I see Brother Lin and ask about it clearly? "

"Am I not here to explain to him?!" 

"..." 

Zhou Shuo silently closed his mouth and did not dare to hit Xia Liang's muzzle again.

He's afraid that in Xia Liang's eyes, Xia Lin will always be the little brother who needs people to worry about him when he grows up.

Zhou Shuo thought a little enviously, if Xia Liang was willing to devote a little attention to him someday, he would die without regret.