Chapter 101

Seeing that Xia Lin was not coming in, Xia Liang urged in the study: "Xiao Lin, why are you stupefied?"

"Oh," Xia Lin retracted his thoughts, walked into the study, closed the door, and said, "Brother, what's the matter?" 

Xia Liang asked him: "Is the hospital busy lately?"

Xia Lin was startled. He was just an intern now and it's hard to say whether he was busy or not. 

Xia Liang continued: "If it's not too busy, ask for a day off from the hospital and come with me to City D."

Xia Liang's heart jumped. It wasn't that he was sensitive. The Xia family had business contacts with the Song family and the main business of the Song family is in City D. 

When it comes to City D, he thinks of Song Yan. Actually, when he came to Xia Liang this time, he originally wanted to inquire about Song Yan's current situation.

Song Yan rarely contacted him ever since he woke up. Occasionally, he sent WeChat messages to ask about Song Yan's recovery. Song Yan's answer is always the same and ambiguous. 

Xia Lin was not stupid. He could see that Song Yan is avoiding him.

If it was before the summer vacation, Song Yan could disappear from his life and he would think of it as a great thing. But it so happened that the two had an accident in Zilin Village and Song Yan was hurt badly.

At that time, he thought Song Yan was about to die. To encourage him to live, he hurriedly made a promise. But Song Yan was already in a semi-comatose state at that time and he didn't know how much Song Yan heard.

The two survived the catastrophe. Song Yan talked to him as soon as he woke up and told him not to be burdened but Xia Lin couldn't get past the hurdle in his heart. 

He felt that even if he wanted to make peace with Song Yan, he couldn't draw the line in this way at this time. 

He owed Song Yan.

Seeing Xia Lin's silence, Xia Liang thought he didn't want to see Song Yan so he warmly persuaded: "This time, we are going on behalf of the Xia family. Father has been too busy to get away recently. Song Yan is going to go abroad soon."

Xia Lin was startled: "Song Yan is going abroad?"

Xia Liang nodded: "I heard Uncle Song say that they found a hospital abroad to treat Song Yan's legs. We went over to discuss the follow-up cooperation business with the Song family and that I was also going to send Song Yan off. Although I didn't want to see him, Song Yan saved you once. Now that his legs are like this, we should send him off... as it should be."

When Xia Lin followed Xia Liang to the Song's house in City D, the Song family's old housekeeper and little nanny were already helping Song Yan pack his luggage. 

Song Yan stayed alone in the bedroom. When he saw Xia Lin enter, he was obviously taken aback.

Xia Lin sat down on the chair beside the bed, looked at Song Yan for a while, then said: "I heard from my brother that you are going abroad for treatment."

Song Yan said, "Are you here to see me off?" 

Xia Lin nodded. 

Song Yan reluctantly smiled: "Thank you."

Xia Lin: "..." 

During the time when Song Yan was in a coma, Xia Lin had prepared himself psychologically but when Song Yan regained his consciousness, he broke up all his psychological preparations. The Song Yan in front of him felt a little strange.

Judging from the WeChat contact between the two for more than a month, Song Yan showed an optimistic attitude towards his treatment. Xia Lin can hardly feel a trace of negative emotions.

But because of this, it makes people feel strange. When other people learn that they may have hemiplegia, they will give up on themselves and become disgusted with the world, which is a logical emotional response.

(Hemiplegia:  a condition caused by brain damage or spinal cord injury that leads to paralysis on one side of the body)

Song Yan did not show emotional fluctuations since he woke up. Seeing Xia Lin worry, he has been comforting him, but at the same time, he has been alienating him.

This feeling was very subtle. With Xia Lin's current position, he didn't know how to ask. 

In the end, he just asked in a low voice: "When is your flight?"

"At 9 PM." 

"So late?" Xia Lin was a little surprised.

"Yes, I can check in over there," Song Yan explained, "the time just catches up." 

"When you get there, who will take care of you?"

"My mother will follow and stay during the first few months," Song Yan said, "After adjusting to the life over there, my assistant will take care of me."

Song Yan paused then said, "Don't worry, the situation is not as bad as you think. I'm going abroad for rehabilitation treatment and at the same time, I'll also take this opportunity to explore overseas markets."

Xia Lin frowned and said, "My dad has already transitioned to China. Do you still want to expand overseas?"

"I know that overseas markets have not been easy recently but policies have changed in accordance with the international situation and business opportunities are only reserved for those who are ready. I think we are not completely out of opportunities."

Xia Lin didn't quite understand this aspect and since Song Yan said so, he didn't say anything anymore.

After a moment of silence, he said: "My brother and I plan to return to City B in the afternoon, so..."

"It's okay," Song Yan said, "I'm already very satisfied that you came to see me at my house. You don't have to go to the airport, otherwise, I'm afraid of myself..." 

He stopped abruptly, shook his head in vain, and didn't say anything more.

Xia Lin glanced at him and asked tentatively: "That day, in the cave, did you hear what I said to you?" 

"What?" Song Yan was at a loss.

"It's nothing." Xia Lin's voice lowered. "When you get there, remember to keep in touch." 

Song Yan nodded solemnly.

"Take care of yourself abroad." 

"Okay." Song Yan paused, "You too."

Xia Lin felt that he should say something more, but he didn't know what to say.

At noon that day, Mother Song stayed with Xia Liang and Xia Lin for lunch. It's inconvenient for Song Yan to go downstairs so the little nanny brought him his plate.

At that time, Xia Lin raised his head and stared at the back of the little nanny, feeling that everything was so unfamiliar. The Song Yan who was unbearable and had surrounded him all day long in his memory has disappeared.