Chapter 63

Xia Lin was reborn when he was seventeen years old. 

At that time, almost no one knew what happened to him. Before he was reborn, all the life trajectories were the same as before so he quickly accepted the fact that he was reborn.

But now Song Yan's situation is much more complicated than his. 

Starting from the second semester of high school, Song Yan's life trajectory began to drift towards different forks. When all the memories of the previous life flooded into his brain, he could only passively receive these chaotic and disordered pictures. This was not just the memory of his previous life but also all kinds of emotions that were deeply involved in his bone. When all of these collide, he will repeatedly lose control of his emotions.

Song Yan in the previous life is much older than this one. After the memory of the previous life is fully recovered, it is very likely that he will control his body with an overwhelming advantage, just like Xia Lin four years ago.

Xia Lin guessed that if Song Yan changed back to the previous Song Yan, then his feelings for him would also change from love to hatred. 

Because in closer examination, Xia Lin's rebirth is causing a butterfly effect which directly or indirectly affects the life trajectory of the people around him. 

Song Yan and Yu Luotong are probably the ones who are most affected by him.

In the previous life, they were lovers who loved each other deeply but in this life, they became visitors in each other's lives because of some reasons that even Xia Lin did not understand. 

Xia Lin didn't know if Song Yan would hate him because of this but he was prepared for the worst.

In the next few days, Xia Lin never left the hospital. 

He even sent away Song Yan's assistant and nurses and took care of all the work of taking care of Song Yan. He was waiting patiently for Song Yan's recovery and then he'd personally break relations with him. 

Song Yan falls into a lethargic state from time to time. Every time he wakes up, he will remember more memories of his previous life.

At first, he would hesitate and ask Xia Lin helplessly as to which ones are true and which ones are dreams but Xia Lin rarely gave him answers. He just let him think slowly. 

Gradually, he stopped asking questions. Every time he wakes up from a dream, he just gasped for breath and then slowly pressed his fear and doubts back to the bottom of his heart.

Sometimes he would sit in a daze for a long time or look at Xia Lin silently. His eyes focused and burning, nostalgic and regretful. 

On the fifth day, after the attending doctor gave Song Yan a final check-up, he smiled and said: "Mr. Song has recovered very well and his mood has completely stabilized. He can be discharged today."

Song Yan smiled and thanked him. The doctor ordered a few more things to pay attention to after his discharge from the hospital and then left the ward. Song Yan watched the doctor leave and the smile on his face gradually disappeared. 

Then, he turned his head to look at Xia Lin who was sitting by his side.

At this time, Xia Lin lowered his head and peeled a pear. 

After cutting the last piece of skin, he handed the pear to Song Yan and said, "It seems that I can almost go back." 

Song Yan didn't answer but just looked at him: "So eager to go back?"

"I originally only took two days off and I have to make up for it when I go back." Xia Lin shook the pear in front of him, "Can you eat it?" 

Song Yan glanced at him but still did not answer: "Xia Lin, are you breaking up with me?"

Xia Lin was stunned, thought of what he meant, and said helplessly: "You have to understand it this way, okay. We have never been together before, so how can we break up?" 

Song Yan: "In the last life, we once used to..."

"Once?" Xia Lin snorted almost inaudibly. "Which one are you talking about? You and me, or you and Yu Luotong?" 

Song Yan opened his mouth but found that he couldn't refute it. 

In his chaotic memory, he once had two loves. One that was as fierce as fire and one that was long flowing.

Both of these two loves occupied an indispensable weight in his life. 

When Yu Luotong faked his death, he abandoned himself in front of everyone in search of death and when Xia Lin was dying, he rationally handled Xia Lin's funeral and quietly ended his life late in the night.

It is difficult for him to say who he loved more in his previous life. 

The two loves have different nature and meaning and they are completely incomparable. 

But he knows that in this life, he and Yu Luotong are only friends and his feeling for Xia Lin is like a blazing fire, getting hotter and hotter.

When he realized that Xia Lin is also reborn, the seemingly unreasonable things he did were actually to avoid him and his heart felt painful as if he's suffocating.

Seeing that he was not picking up the pears, Xia Lin didn't force it and got up to throw it into the trash can.

Song Yan suddenly grabbed his hand in the next moment, "I need to go through the discharge procedures but I don't want to bother my assistant."

Xia Lin was silent for a while.

"I can help you with the discharge procedures and send you home." Xia Lin looked at Song Yan indifferently, "But from then on, we will completely owe nothing to each other."