Chapter 102

Three years later. 

City J, United States. 

In the general manager's office, Song Yan is having a remote video conversation with Song Huaixing.

Although the distance from the United States to China is just a flash of time for Song Huaixing, as a "Zero Realm" native, Song Yan is more accustomed to video conferencing.

"That's almost all about the scientific research and charity project plans for the next quarter." Song Yan closed the folder in his hand and raised his eyes to Song Huaixing, "Do you have any comments? "

Song Huaixin nodded and said, "I don't have any comments, so you can decide." 

Song Yan's face is expressionless: I have no idea why you still ask me to report to you in advance. If I want to fool you, I can do it in a matter of minutes.

"That's right," Song Huaixin suddenly remembered something, "Ke Mei asked me to let you know that Xia Lin will go to City F as a representative of the master's students of University B to exchange and study in the next two days."

Song Yan was startled. 

Song Huaixin said: "City F and City J shouldn't be too far away, right?"

Song Yan smiled slightly sarcastically: "What do you mean by telling me this news?"

"It doesn't mean anything," Song Huaichen spread his hands, "Ke Mei asked me to convey it and I just said it." 

Song Yan: "..."

At this moment, someone knocked on the door lightly then Song Yan said, "I have something to do. I'll hang up first." 

He cut off the call.

After a while, Song Yan's personal assistant opened the door and came in, holding a file bag in his hand, and handing it to Song Yan: "Boss, this is the information for this month."

Song Yan took the bag of documents and saw the assistant standing still and couldn't help looking up at him: "What?"

"Boss, there is news from the country that Xia Er Shao seems to be investigating anonymous donations in Zilin Village recently." 

The "Xia Er Shao" the assistant mentioned is Xia Lin.

Although the mudslide in Zilin Village did not cause any deaths, the only scenic area where they depend for survival, Shanjian Waterfall, was ruined. 

In addition, the mudslide rushed to the edge of the village and caused traffic jams. In recent years, there have been few tourists. The villagers of Zilin Village are already living in a difficult situation and now it is even more difficult for them to maintain basic living security.

Although Song Yan is in a foreign country, he has secretly noticed the post-disaster reconstruction problem in Zilin Village. Although the local government allocated a sum of money, most of it was spent on infrastructure construction alone which did not greatly improve the quality of the villagers' life.

The Song Group originally planned a charity investment in this area but the shareholders were not in favor of the idea. Seeing that Zilin Village had almost lost room for investment in the tourism industry, they voted against it. 

Song Yan didn't bother to talk to the old shareholders. He thought about it and simply allocated a sum of money from several new-generation companies under his own name to donate to Zilin Village. But he didn't want his personal industry to surface prematurely so he made an anonymous donation.