Chapter 111

Song Yan was assisted by Xia Lin to sit back into the wheelchair. 

Seeing that Xia Lin stopped talking halfway, he looked at him suspiciously and then followed his gaze. 

Xia Lin noticed his gaze and immediately put the phone away. Song Yan only had time to see the three English letters of VHL in the crowded text.

After being interrupted like this, Xia Lin continued saying half of the words before. He reached out and took the medicine box on the bedside table and squatted down. He helped Song Yan deal with the wound on the palm of his hand. For a while, the room was quiet, so quiet that they could hear each other's breathing.

Song Yan gradually recovered from the panic and gaffe. Recalling what he had just said, he couldn't help but blush. 

Fortunately, Xia Lin kept focusing on his wounds, lowered his head, and asked, "How did this injury happen?"

" I accidentally scratched the broken glass."

Song Yan made an excuse indiscriminately and soon turned the topic back to the question he was concerned about: "Xia Lin, how long will you stay in the United States?" "

"One day for academic exchanges and one day for free activities." Xia Lin said, "I was thinking that if you won't come to City F, then I will go to City J to find you. I heard Yu Luotong say that he is also in City J and I wondered if I could inquire about your information from him."

Song Yan didn't expect that Xia Lin would take the initiative to bring up Yu Luotong and took a careful look at the other party. He found that Xia Lin's expression was the same as usual and his tone was also very flat, as if an unrelated person was mentioned.

He pondered for a moment before he tentatively asked: "In these years, you and Luo Tong... still keep in touch?"

"Just sending WeChat or something when we have time," Xia Lin said. "At first, I didn't think I would keep in touch with him but he never forgot to send me blessings every holiday and I was too embarrassed to ignore him."

Xia Lin helped him stop the bleeding, then took out a new bandage to help him wrap it layer by layer and continued: "I remember about two years ago, he called me excitedly and said that he was actually in City J and met you. I wanted to verify with you but I didn't mention it because I was afraid you would be embarrassed."

Song Yan immediately became embarrassed and hurriedly explained: "Xia Lin, I have nothing to do with him..."

"I know. Every time he talks to me, he usually talks about David. David is jealous again. David quarrels with him again. David ran away from home angrily again. He found him back. I only mentioned you once or twice." 

Xia Lin said, raising his head and giving Song Yan a playful look. Song Yan didn't expect Xia Lin to show such an expression. 

After a moment of daze, he agreed: "Yes, at best... I only act as the old mother's uncle." 

(Old mother's uncle refers to the maiden family who mediates conflicts between husband and wife. )

Xia Lin bandaged the wound, put the medicine box back to its original position, and then sat down across from him again. Xia Lin's watching him quietly. His eyes were meticulous and soft, as if he was tracing his appearance.

Song Yan hasn't been relieved from the embarrassment just now and can't help but ask: "Xia Lin, you... why are you looking at me like this?" 

"Song Yan, I used to scold you with terrible words. I hope you didn't mind."

Song Yan looked blank: "You did?" 

"Don't you remember?" Xia Lin was taken aback, then laughed, "I hope you really don't remember."

Song Yan felt that the Xia Lin in front of him was a little unusually gentle, so he asked anxiously: "Xia Lin, what are you...what do you want to say?" 

Xia Lin lowered his head, hesitated for a moment, and raised his head again to look at him: "Song Yan, the two of us...let's let go of the past, okay?"

Song Yan gradually frowned. It was not that he didn't understand what he meant. If Xia Lin was willing to forgive him for the mistakes he had committed, he would naturally want it. But at the moment, he felt that what Xia Lin wanted to express was not just the literal meaning of those words.

"Xia Lin...", he almost instinctively grabbed Xia Lin's wrist and asked tentatively, "let go of the past, then what? What do you want to do? " 

Xia Lin was slightly surprised but he didn't expect Song Yan to be so sharp.

Before he came up with a proper response, he listened to Song Yan continue in a dumb voice: "If you want to say you will have nothing to do with me after we let go of the past, I would rather you continue to hate me, hate me forever."

Song Yan's voice was low but he gritted his teeth fiercely. Xia Lin stopped talking and stared at him in a daze. 

Suddenly he leaned forward and kissed Song Yan on the lips. Song Yan's brain went blank for a moment.

His heart is beating very fast, like a young guy who has fallen in love for the first time. Fascinated by the kiss, his emotions went up and down. He is overwhelmed with joy. 

"Xia Lin..." 

He clenched Xia Lin's wrist vigorously, not sure if what happened just now was his own conjecture.

The water in Xia Lin's eyes had not faded and he avoided Song Yan's scorching eyes. 

He shook his head and said, "Don't ask me. I don't know. Maybe I will regret it in the next second so don't ask anything."

Song Yan wanted to say something more but Xia Lin had already stood up and broke free from his hand, opened the door, and left without looking back.