Chapter 86

The three people worked together to remove the medical equipment from the car and then carried it into the clinic to install. 

It took them most of the afternoon to clean everything up. The summer in Zilin Village is very hot and the three of them are sweating and want to find a place to take a good bath.

Ke Mei ran to ask the village chief where the bathhouse is. The village chief smiled and took them to a natural hot spring, saying: "We have nothing else in Zilin Village. There are several pure natural hot springs. This one is the best-preserved, dedicated to receiving you, distinguished guests."

Ke Mei solemnly thanked the village head. After sending him away, he started to take off his clothes and go into the water. 

Xia Lin grabbed him and said, "Are you really going to soak here?" 

"Is there any problem?" Ke Mei asked.

Of course there is no problem, Xia Lin thought to himself. He just didn't want to be with Song Yan. 

Song Yan seemed to see the scruples in his heart and approached him in a low voice: "Don't worry. I will be well-behaved and will not touch you."

Xia Lin glanced at Ke Mei, thinking that maybe he had been worrying too much. With the presence of such a big person as Ke Mei, Song Yan couldn't really do anything to him. 

The three of them took off their coats and got into the water. The temperature of the spring water was just right, which relieved their fatigue well.

Not long after Xia Lin went into the water, he became a little sleepy. He slightly raised his head and closed his eyes for a short nap. 

At this time, Ke Mei chatted with Song Yan: "Has Mr. Song been here before?"

"No," Song Yan said, "If it weren't for giving you these equipments, I will never hear of Zilin Village. "

Xia Lin thought in a daze. 

Actually, Song Yan had heard of it. 

It was during his previous life. He told Song Yan on the phone about his experience in Zilin Village but Song Yan was absent-minded so he simply didn't think about it.

Ke Mei: "There is a famous tourist attraction in Zilin Village called Shanjian Waterfall which is on the mountain in the southwest of the village." 

Ke Mei said, probably pointing in a direction, "If you are not in a hurry to go back, you can go there tomorrow."

Song Yan seemed interested, turned his head to look at Xia Lin, and said, "Xia Lin, shall we go together?" 

"I won't go." Xia Lin closed his eyes and refused. 

"Why? We're here already."

"There may be a mudslide, you better not go." 

Song Yan blurted out: "How do you know?"

Xia Lin originally wanted to say that he had experienced it personally in his previous life but then he remembered that Ke Mei was beside him so he changed his words abruptly: "I guessed." 

Song Yan didn't seem to take this matter too seriously and instead continued to chat with Ke Mei: "To be honest, I am very interested in this village."

"Oh?" 

"Our company intends to start a charity. I think this village is a good starting point. Tomorrow, I want to go around and learn more about the situation in the village."

Ke Mei replied, "Mr. Song is really a kind person." 

Song Yan was modest. In fact, for large companies such as them, while doing charity, they are also doing publicity for themselves. Ke Mei and he are tacit about it, but it is just one way of showing off.

Xia Lin was not interested in their affairs and went to sleep with his eyes squinted. 

After an unknown period of time, he felt that he had been touched on his arm and opened his eyes keenly.

Song Yan didn't know when he came to Xia Lin and said in a low voice, "Don't sleep here, you can catch a cold easily." 

Xia Lin subconsciously tried to look for Ke Mei but he couldn't be seen anywhere. 

"Doctor Ke has gone back." Song Yan saw his thoughts and explained.

Xia Lin thought to himself, Ke Mei is really unreliable. 

Fortunately, Song Yan didn't seem to want to move him at this moment. They were separated by an arm's length, without much physical friction.

Seeing Xia Lin examining him silently, Song Yan gradually became embarrassed and said in embarrassment, "I...I will go out first and wait for you outside." 

Xia Lin guessed that he might have reacted physically to leave in such a hurry, but this time Song Yan said that he would not touch him. 

His sudden gentlemanly behavior surprised him a bit.

He soaked for a while before he walked out of the hot spring slowly. He saw Song Yan waiting outside.

The hot spring is not far from their temporary clinic. The two of them walked back slowly against the sunset. They saw Ke Mei move a small bench and sat in front of the clinic to chat with a few local children. 

When they saw the two came back, they saw Ke Mei move a small bench then waved at them.

At this time, an older girl was telling Ke Mei the legend of the mountain stream waterfall. In fact, this legend has been passed on by the local people for a long time. Xia Lin heard about this legend when he came here to play in his last life.

A young girl fell in love with a handsome young man but the young man already has someone he likes.

The girl thought about this young man day and night. Seeing that the young man was about to marry the person he wanted, she was so desperate that she could no longer live so she went to the mountain waterfall alone, planning to end her life there.

She never thought that the moment she jumped off the cliff, she alarmed a fairy who lived in seclusion there. The fairy saved the girl and promised to fulfill one of her wishes.

Without thinking about it, the girl begged the fairy to cast a spell to change the young man's mind and instead stay with her until she grows old. 

The fairy fulfilled her wish. As soon as the girl returned to the village, she saw the young man standing in front of her house with a dowry gift, saying that she wanted to marry her as his wife.

This legend sounds a bit wrong but Xia Lin in his previous life was desperately longing for it. He even imagined that if he walked to that mountain waterfall, he might meet the redemption of his love.

So even though the weather was very bad at that time, Xia Lin followed a few classmates in the direction of the waterfall. 

However, what was waiting for him that time was not an immortal who could satisfy people's wishes but a natural disaster that almost killed him.