Chapter 41

Xia Lin took Zhou Shuo out of the room and walked to the corridor. When the night breeze blew, he felt refreshed. 

"The last thing I told my brother, did he mention it to you?" Xia Lin suddenly asked Zhou Shuo.

Zhou Shuo was stunned for a moment and then lowered his head, his voice a little dull: "Master asked me and said that you don't want me to continue to be a bodyguard."

"This is not the point," Xia Lin said, "Although you are the adopted child of our family, it does not mean that you have to pay for your life to our family. You should have your own life plan. My brother agrees with this. "

Zhou Shuo raised his head and looked at Xia Lin with his eyes flashing as if he understood, but he didn't seem to understand.

Xia Lin said earnestly: "Zhou Shuo, in fact, I have never treated you as a servant. My grandma arranged you with me before and I did not refuse it because I was young at that time and felt that I had a small playmate. It's interesting to follow you and I didn't feel lonely. But now that we are all grown up, we need to think about the future of life. Your grades in cultural courses are not good and you may not be able to follow me to the same university. What will you do next? Did you give up going to college in order to continue following me? This is very unfair to you. Do you understand what I mean?"

Zhou Shuo was silent for a moment and said, "Second Young Master, I do understand. Can I think about it?" 

"Alright," Xia Lin patted him on the shoulder, "My suggestion is indeed a bit abrupt to you so please consider it for a few days. Anyway, there is still some time before you get results."

As soon as the conversation between the two came to an end, they heard that the door was opened behind them, mixed with the brisk melody of another song, and was soon shut.

Xia Lin looked back and saw Song Yan push the door. The two looked at each other. 

Song Yan walked over to him, stood next to him on the corridor, and said, "I have something to talk to you about."

This is the first time they have stood side by side and talked after their shift. Although only a few months have passed, Xia Lin feels like a few years have passed. 

Zhou Shuo heard Song Yan's implication and said "I'm going to get some food", and then turned back to the room.

The corridor was quiet again and a cool breeze slowly blew through from time to time. Neither of them spoke and the atmosphere was a bit weird. 

After a while, Song Yan spoke first: "Don't you have anything to say to me?"

Xia Lin glanced at him strangely: "Did you say something?" 

Song Yan became angry again, "If I don't take the initiative to find you, will you never come to me?"

Xia Lin didn't answer and just looked at Song Yan with a patient expression. 

Song Yan sighed in frustration, his conversation turned abruptly: "Is the song I sang good?"

"Oh." Xia Lin thought to himself of what song Song Yan sang just now. 

He was only observing the interaction between Song Yan and Yu Luotong and didn't listen carefully to what he was singing.

Song Yan said again: "DidI sing so bad that I can actually blast you out of the room?" 

"Oh no, I just felt a little bored, let me breathe out..."

"I'm paying it back." Song Yan muttered for a while but didn't mutter anymore. 

Xia Lin didn't care either, and asked, "What do you want to tell me?"

Song Yan reached into his trouser pocket, fumbled for a long time, found a small badge, and handed it to Xia Lin: "Hey, this is for you." 

Xia Lin took it. It was the ash gold badge of the ET band, limited to 300 pieces worldwide.

He remembered that Song Yan finally got one in his last life and he gave it to Yu Luotong after changing hands, making Yu Luotong cry and laugh with joy. 

How come in this life it became a gift for him? He looked at the medal, a little confused.