Chapter 71

The grandmother and grandson hugged each other for a long time. Finally, it was Father Xia who couldn't stand it anymore and urged: "You two stop hugging. Come in quickly. This horrible weather is going to burn people to death."

"Just you!" The old lady glared at her son angrily and then walked into the house with Xia Lin arm in arm. 

The old lady asked as she walked: "Xiao Lin, do you have a girlfriend?"

Xia Lin was stunned for a moment and said with a smile: "No." 

Zhou Shuo glanced at him silently. He was the only person in this family who knew Xia Lin's secret but if Xia Lin doesn't take the initiative to explain it, he would never say a word.

"It's time to look for a girlfriend," the old lady patted Xia Lin's hand, "You're going to graduate soon." 

"Grandma, I haven't graduated yet." 

The old lady was taken aback: "Aren't you a senior?"

Xia Liang explained by the side: "Xia Lin is majoring in medicine. A five-year undergraduate program."

"Oh, I see." 

The old lady was obviously a little confused and then she complained, "You kid, why do you have to study medicine? It's not that our Xia family can't support you so why bother doing that laborious work? I saw it on the news. They said that doctors are exhausted on the operating table. It is pitiful to think about it. If my grandson becomes so tired in the future, I won't feel sorry for you. "

Xia Lin smiled and said, "Grandma, it's not always necessary to go to the operating table. But I am a clinical major and I have learned a little bit. If you have any minor illnesses and pains in the future, you don't need to go outside to ask a doctor. I'll be there for you."

"Really?" The old lady opened her eyes and smiled when she heard this. 

She patted Xia Lin's shoulder and said with a smug look, "My little Lin is promising and cares about me. So much better compared to your father who only earns money."

". . ." 

Father Xia was used to being run on by his mother and at that moment he just rolled his eyes silently, turned around, and asked Uncle Teng and Zhou Shuo to move all the suitcases in. 

Xia Lin said: "Grandma, why are you urging me to find a girlfriend? Big Brother hasn't even looked for his yet."

Xia Liang hurriedly said: "Grandma is talking about you. Why would you mention me? I am so busy every day, how can I have time to make a girlfriend?" 

The old lady gave Xia Liang a sideways glance: "You, I have urged you several times but there is no progress at all. Now, I won't bother asking you and I will just meet a girl when I go back. I would have helped you with it a long time ago."

Zhou Shuo, who was passing by them with his suitcase, stopped and looked back at Xia Liang. 

Xia Liang smiled, did not answer the old lady's words, and asked, "Grandma, have you had breakfast?"

"I have. I ate a bit on the plane. After getting off the plane, your dad made me eat a bit more. Now I have a very full stomach." 

Speaking of this, she suddenly remembered something and turned to ask Father Xia: "Son, don't forget to book a room for dinner tonight."

"I know." Father Xia responded. 

Xia Lin and Xia Liang looked at each other. 

Xia Lin asked, "Grandma, are we having dinner outside tonight? "

"Yes. I invited your Uncle Song's family to dinner."

Xia Lin froze and asked, "Uncle Song?" 

"What's with your memory? The Song kid who played with you when you were children. What was his name?" 

"Song Yan." Xia Liang answered.

"Yes, it's Song Yan's father." 

Xia Lin frowned and said, "Why invite them to dinner?" 

Xia Liang keenly felt the resistance in Xia Lin's tone and couldn't help but glance at him.

The old lady said: "I don't really understand the details. I heard from your dad. Recently, due to policy restrictions, foreign businesses are not doing well. He wants to transfer back to China. The market cannot be opened for a while and the capital chain can't keep up. Fortunately, the Song Group promptly helped us through the most difficult stage. Now, the Xia and Song families will have closer cooperation. Your dad will return to China this time for that matter."

Xia Lin thought to himself, his grandmother from the previous life also returned to the country once this year but he never heard of any business cooperation between the Xia and Song families. 

Why did it suddenly become like this?

The old lady saw that Xia Lin's face was obviously not in a good mood and thought he was not interested so she coaxed: "Don't worry, the dinner tonight is either for business talks or pure retelling of the past. I have been old friends with Mr. Song for many years. You and the Song family's young master have been playmates since childhood. I heard that you didn't study together in college. It must have been a long time since you met. It just so happened that everyone got together to reminisce about the past."

Xia Lin couldn't say anything so he nodded indiscriminately. 

The old lady is getting older and after chatting with the two brothers Xia Liang and Xia Lin for a while, she went back to her room to rest.

Xia Liang called Xia Lin aside and asked him in a low voice, "What is the problem with you and Song Yan?" 

Xia Lin was taken aback for a moment. Pretending to be relaxed he said: "What can be the problem?"

"Don't think I can't see it. You two could not wait to get together every day. Song Yan is about to treat our house as his own. But from the eve of your college entrance examination, there was something wrong with the two of you. At that time, you suddenly regained consciousness and wanted to study well so I didn't interfere too much. But after the college entrance examination, Song Yan never appeared in our house during the summer vacation or even in the entire four years of university and you stopped mentioning him. What's the reason for this? Why is your relationship old and dead?"

Xia Lin was silent for a moment and said, "Brother, can you just leave it alone?"

Xia Liang glanced at him deeply: "You have grown up now and there are some things you don't want to tell your family. I can understand. I am not a nosy person. But we'd have dinner with him tonight. Grandma is quite looking forward to it. I don't care about any grudges between you and Song Yan but you can't be absent tonight. And don't quarrel with Song Yan face to face, so as not to add to the concerns of the elders of Xia and Song."

Xia Lin really didn't want to go but Xia Liang had already said this. He could only bite the bullet and said, "I see."