Chapter 47

After leaving the bar, Ke Mei dutifully sent Xia Lin back to school. 

On the way, Xia Lin tentatively asked Ke Mei: "Teacher Ke, did you go to the bathroom before. Did you feel anything unusual?" 

"What something unusual?" Ke Mei pretended to be at a loss.

"Oh, nothing." Xia Lin sighed silently and he began to doubt that he hadn't had a brain tumor in this life and that he might have hysteria first. 

The car stopped at the door of the dormitory building of the medical school. Xia Lin unfastened his seat belt and said to Ke Mei, "Thank you for sending me back. Goodbye, Teacher Ke!"

"Don't go in a hurry." Ke Mei suddenly reached out and pulled Xia Lin back. 

Xia Lin turned around and looked at him puzzled. He saw Ke Mei leaning over in Xia Lin's ear, and saying in a very seductive voice: "Would you like to...think about me?"

Xia Lin was stunned for a moment and suddenly wanted to laugh: "Mr. Ke." 

"Yes?" 

"Actually, I am number 0, in purity."

Ke Mei looked at him puzzledly: "I can see it, so what?" 

"Let me consider you... Do you want to force me to do 1?" 

Ke Mei was stunned for a moment and suddenly became a little embarrassed and angry: "Where do I look like 0?"

Xia Lin also leaned close to his ear and said in the same soft voice: "It's disrespectful to say, the appearance of you just now is so charming. A score of 0 is an absolute perfect score and a score of 1 is..." 

Ke Mei was choked severely. He thought that Xia Lin was a young child but he didn't expect him to be a driver who was older than himself when he started the car.

(I'm actually not sure as to what they mean by the scores 0 and 1 here. Sorry)

Ke Mei couldn't pretend so he simply stopped pretending, "You can't be a friend. . .Isn't it okay for us to be friends? I'm very interested in you." 

Xia Lin tilted his head: "What's the reason?"

"All of the colleagues and friends around me are straight men and there is not even a caring person. It's rare to run into you," Ke Mei said sincerely, "I really want to be your friend."

Xia Lin didn't know how true Ke Mei's "sincerity" was but his instinct told him that Ke Mei should not be malicious to him. 

After pondering for a moment, Xia Lin smiled and stretched out his hand: "I am also very fortunate to have such a good teacher and helpful friend as Teacher Ke."

Ke Mei shook hands with him: "Don't call me a teacher anymore. I don't know how old you are, so you can call me Ke Mei." 

Xia Lin got out of the car, watched Ke Mei drive away, then turned and walked to the dormitory building.

There was a person standing outside the iron gate, under the dim street lamp. 

He couldn't see clearly. Xia Lin gradually slowed down. After confirming the identity of the other party, he stopped and kept a distance of six or seven steps between the two.

After so many years, he thought that everything about Song Yan had faded from memory, but when the other party appeared in front of him again, even if it was a vague silhouette, he could still recognize it at a glance. 

In four years, Song Yan gradually got rid of the frizz and greenness of high school, especially the appearance of wearing a suit, which is closer to Song Yan in Xia Lin's memory of the previous life. 

But compared to Song Yan in the previous life, the man in front of him has a little less gloom between his eyebrows and his eyes are cleaner and clearer.

Seeing his silence, Song Yan couldn't help taking two steps forward, tentatively calling out, "Xia Lin?" 

Xia Lin finished the psychological construction in a short time, and then smiled at him slightly: "Why come here suddenly?" The tone was polite and alienated.

Song Yan opened his mouth, seeming to want to say something, and temporarily changed his words: "I. . .Our company has a development project in City B recently. I just arrived today. Thinking that you are in University B and you are on the way, I came to take a look at you." 

Xia Lin thought to himself, are you coming to see me or Yu Luotong?

He must have heard the news that Yu Luotong is going to emigrate to the United States so he hurried back. Maybe he had already looked for Yu Luotong but after eating closed doors, there is nowhere to go in the evening and then remembered his childhood friend?

At this moment, Xia Lin's mood has completely calmed down. Even if he thinks that Song Yan might come to him for the second time, he doesn't plan to sprinkle salt on the other's wounds. 

He only asked indifferently: "It's so late. Have you booked a hotel? "

"Not yet." Song Yan paused, "I'm not familiar with City B." 

Xia Lin checked the time and it was already past ten o'clock in the evening. 

He sighed and said, "Come with me. I will take you to find a place to live."