ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

the first week passed as normal, both soulmates keeping up with their daily lives completely fine.

the second week, however, was a completely different story.

ni-ki was in the middle of a practice when he started feeling dizzy, his eyes shifting in and out of focus.

"yo, ni-ki.. you okay? you don't look... good," Jake called out, being the first to notice the maknae's odd behaviours.

"yeah, yeah.. 'm good," the younger mumbled out, rubbing his eyes. what is wrong with me?

that's how it went for the boy for the next few days, his usually high stamina now excruciatingly lower for who knew what reason.

the only thing giving him some sort of strength was keeping up with byeol's twitter, his heart giddy every time he saw the girl— even if it was through a screen.

however, her frequent posts had slowed down, considering she was slowly deteriorating as well.

her energy levels had been all the way down that week, legs giving out when she tried getting out of bed that thursday.

then came friday, undoubtedly the worst day for the two soulmates.

the boys fought a bit harder than usual this day to try and get their maknae out of the bed, but to no avail.

it was the same with byeol, her mom having called her older brother to try and get her out of bed.

the group arrived to the house, all six members practically running to byeol's room after greeting mrs haku.

"byeolie~" theo called out, immediately finding the girl curled into a ball shape on her bed. "oh baby, what happened?"
the boys all moved around her bed, eyes filling with concern.
"chieko? what's wrong?" her older brother gently asked the girl, kneeling beside her. he moved the hair covering her face, eyes scanning her drained face.

her ears perked up at the familiar name, chieko. the nickname her parents had given her since she was born— her unofficially adopted japanese name. "thousand blessings child", a name that gave her strength, for whatever reason.

she opened her eyes, immediately making contact with shota. "i don't know," she mumbled out, suddenly entering a coughing fit.

she couldn't stop for a while, the boys all scrambling to try and find something to aid the girl— no help.

"riki? riki, look- OH FUCK HE THREW UP?" sounded from the bedroom, the five members that'd been out of the room running to find jay holding a bag out for the youngest, a worried expression on his face.

one hour.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n!
why ... is this book getting so
many reads? 🤨🤨🤨
( ty for 2k btw 🥺🥺 )
neways ...
thoughts ?!?! >:)