ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

NOW VIEWING. . .
NI-KI'S PHONE!

the boy smiled as he came across byeol's most recent twitter post, shocked to see the interactions it'd gotten already

he hadn't stopped smiling since he and byeol left the café, her brother having stopped by to pick her up so he was assured she'd arrive home safely.

too soon to be feeling these things, dude

the boy mentally cursed himself for continuing to think of the girl, considering this had been their first time willingly being together in person.

just as the boy was going to continue scolding himself, the bedroom door opened. "oh~ ni-ki~"

said boy turned around only to find his leader staring at him with a smile.
"yes, hyung?"
jungwon stepped into the room, shutting the other five boys outside. the members all silently slapped eachother until they had a spot behind the door, ears plastered against the wood in an attempt to hear the conversation on the inside.

"so," jungwon began, sitting across from where the maknae sat, "how'd it go today?"
"how'd what go?"
jungwon scowled at the younger, "you know what i'm talking about,"
ni-ki burst into a fit of giggles, "i'm just kidding. it went good, we talked a lot.. got to know each other.. almost fought a dude for flirting with her.." he mumbled out the last part, though jungwon caught it all.

"you WHAT?!"
"it's not that big of a deal, i didn't do anything,"
"what was he doing?" jungwon asked, wanting to get more details on his almost-fight.
"she went up to order and i saw him behind the counter and immediately got a... bad vibe from him. she walked up and he like, was instantly flirting with her and i could tell she was uncomfortable-"
"oo.. how could you tell?"

"'dunno.. just.. sensed it, i guess?"
jungwon made a noise of understanding, urging the boy to go on with his story.
"we'd decided on getting a cake, because, you know, they're for two people.. and he was all like, 'oh, is this just a way to get me to eat with you' or something like that," ni-ki mimicked the cashier's words from earlier, the leader laughing.
"so i went up and said i was her boyfriend to stop him-"
"you WHAT?!"
"hyung, you've gotta stop shouting that-"

"you said you were byeol's boyfriend?!"
"it's not that big of a deal, it was just to stop that weirdo from flirting with her."

the older boy's eyebrow quirked up in suspicion, "hm.. so you were jealous?"

ni-ki's eyes threatened to widen, though he quickly covered it up with an eye roll. "what?" he lightly scoffed, "of course not. why would i be jealous?"

"because, nik. she's kinda your.. you know.. soulmate?"

"and?"

now it was jungwon's turn to roll his eyes, "you've got to be kidding me,"

"what?"

"you have feelings for the girl- hell, you've had them for what? a month already? you're obviously gonna get a little jealous if you see someone trying to get her,"

another scoff left ni-ki, "as if."

jungwon, suddenly remembering the other listening boys, stood and walked to the door, opening it.

multiple oofs sounded through the room, causing ni-ki's head to turn towards the other end of the room. there he saw his other five hyungs, groaning and rubbing their heads out of pain after being knocked onto the ground.

"does he or does he not sound jealous?" jungwon asked the still complaining boys.

"yeah, obviously he is,"

"i'm not!"

"whatever you say~"

ni-ki rolled his eyes out of annoyance again, though his hyungs' teasing words had been enough for a pale pink tint to show up on his face.

"so? how'd it go?"
"are you ever gonna stop aski-"
"no. now answer me."
"STEPH!"

keeho laughed, byeol lightly slapping the older's chest. "i'm just kidding~ but for real, how'd it go?"

"do we really have to talk about this?"

"if you want me to go get taeyang and shot-" he said, about to get up when byeol dragged him back down.

"no.. need.. for that."
he cheekily smiled at her, "then tell me how it went,"

"well.. it went good, i guess? we went to the café by their dorms.. he got mad at the cashier cause he was like flirting with me.. but not really cause we're just friends-"

"oh! what'd he say?!"

"the dude was being super weird and aggravating to be honest, so ni-ki i guess saw and walked up telling him to stop,"

"ugh!" keeho groaned, dramatically throwing himself backwards, "i know he said more than that,"

"okay! okay! the dude was like oh you're getting a cake? it's for two people though? and i was like.. yeah? and he was like is there someone with you or is it just an invitation for me to join you?"

"mhm..?"

"and ni-ki came up and grabbed my hand as was like she's with me and the dude asked who he was and.. he said he was myboyfriend,"

"sorry? couldn't hear that last part?" keeho said, cupping the side of his ear with his hand.
she sighed, "my boyfriend."

the boy screeched after hearing her words, byeol immediately running towards him to cover his mouth with her hand. "shut up dude they're gonna know somethings up if they hear you,"

keeho slapped her hand away, "he said he was your boyfriend?!?!"

"yes, but only to get the dude to lay off my back, nothing else."

keeho stayed quiet, deciding to simply watch her facial expression. he saw the pain her eyes flashed. his lips turned downwards, moving from his spot on her bed to walk to the girl.

he carefully wrapped his arms around her, placing a chaste kiss on her hair, "good things will happen with him, baby. you just gotta be a little patient,"

she only nodded, leaning deeper in his touch.

though it was rare, byeol's emotional supports were keeho and theo. the two boys had always been able to help with her moments when needed.

he held her for a little bit longer, waiting to feel her breathing regulate.

"you wanna go out with the others now?" he asked in a gentle voice, the girl nodding a few seconds after.
he reached for her hand, byeol trailing behind keeho to the living room.

why are you feeling this way for ni-ki? he's an idol. nothing will probably ever happen, anyways.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n!
byeol : (
bec y'all have been so patient <3 here's
a long update <3
also ty for 8k :,( <3 mwah