ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ-ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

TIME PASSED...

the members had just recently been informed of their second comeback, the start of a new era for enhypen. it wouldn't be for a while, of course, however they were in need of smaller group practices, making sure their skills range were at least average for the newer genre of music they'd present.

it was the end of july now, byeol sitting on the bench o the practice room, ni-ki dancing to his usual playlist as a warm up.

while her attention would normally be on the boy in front of her— it wasn't, much to his dismay. his eyes would quickly glance to the girl, eyebrows furrowing when she'd been on her phone the last fifteen checks.

his internal negative feelings were starting to bubble, however he refrained against acting on it, convincing himself it was probably akina or shota.

oh how wrong he was.

byeol's attention was stolen by jungwon who'd opened the door, asking for her. the girl mindlessly left her phone on the bench, quickly leaving the room with the leader.

curiosity got the best of ni-ki, despite how hard he'd tried ignoring the pesky feeling.

without pausing the music, the boy's legs carried him towards the place byeol'd been sitting, gently pressing on the power button to see the message she'd just gotten a notification for.

how badly he regretted that decision.

despite the only thing he could see was two new imessages from ❝my eric <33❞, the name was enough to make him feel livid.

who the fuck is eric and why the hell is he texting my girl and why the hell does he have hearts next to his name and why the FUCK is his name in her phone "my eric"??????

tears fueled by pure anger were impossible to restrict, the boy's eyes burning as the first stray ones fell down his cheeks. no logical thoughts were running through his mind, not even when byeol's smiling, caring face appeared in front of him.

her eyes widened upon seeing ni-ki's unusually paled face, becoming even more concerned when she saw the crystal orbs cascading down his cheeks.

she held out her hands, though ni-ki moved away. "don't touch me." he nearly spit out, voice transformed into venom.

her eyes widened again, this time in fear. she stepped back, "what happened, rik?"

the boy bitterly laughed as he ran his tongue against the inside of his cheek, practically glaring at the girl. "aren't you only mine?" he asked, referring to the promise the two always made to each other.

her eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion, "of course i am-"

"then who the fuck is your eric?" he spit out, byeol's eyes slightly widening in surprise, knowing exactly who he was referring to.

he took that as something completely different than it truly was.

he knew he didn't have the complete right to be mad— some may argue being soulmates means nothing. you could have another significant other while being tied to who the universe placed you to be with. but she was his. despite not having an officially official title, despite their feelings for eachother not being 100% crystal clear,

she was his.

she stayed silent, not wanting to reveal who the contact was, only adding gas to the flame.
"hm?" he harshly let out, the girl slightly flinching from the intensity.

he noticed this— eyes softening for the slightest moment, however realized he wasn't gonna play nice to a cheater.

or, what he somewhat assumed to be a cheater.

even thinking that of his girl broke his heart; but all the signs pointed to it.

right?

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! .....
what r ur theories