ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

the two laid a few feet away from the other, their bodies seemed...

lifeless.

his eyes trailed over the idol, noticing his slightly paled face. he hadn't seen the boy like this since the first situation with the tie.

he closed his eyes for a second before turning his attention to the girl.

he felt his heart tear at the sight, the idol standing beside him reciprocating the same feelings.

her normally flawless skin was now bruised, jinghua's hand marks somehow still visible. her arms were covered by an additional sheet, though they could tell where the doctors had placed more bandaging.

heeseung looked at the older, the manager slightly nodding as a silent sign to sit in the chairs lined up on the wall.

the eldest had promised to keep the members up to date on their maknae's condition, taking a picture of the two once they'd sat down, sending it to the groupchat.

the boys' hearts shattered at the sight of the soulmates' state, still in the dark on what'd happened.

the five gathered around jungwon's phone, the leader calling heeseung to tell them what exactly had happened.

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER...

heeseung was on the phone with shota when he noticed something moving from one of the beds.

the boy lifted his head, watching as ni-ki's hand started to twitch. his eyes widened, tapping his manager to get his attention, pointing towards the maknae.

the manager pressed on the call nurse button he'd kept handy, the door opening only a minute later, dr huang walking in.

"you called?" she softly spoke, looking at the two who's eyes were on the soulmates.

dr huang noticed their unmoving eyes, also looking at the two who she'd been looking after from a distance since birth. she lightly smiled at the boy's slight shifting, knowing he was subconsciously searching for the girl.

the older quietly walked towards their seperated beds, disconnecting the latch on ni-ki's bed from it's lock, seeing as he was able to be off the hospital's machinery. she carefully moved the boy's bed across the floor, locking it in place before removing the barriers from both soulmates' beds.

she walked back towards heeseung and their manager, taking her clipboard from where she'd placed it before.
"he should be looking for byeol right now, so i just made it easier,"
the two nodded, heeseung's knowledge about the tie proving itself correct.
"physical touch will work in healing them both now that at least one is starting to wake up, right?"

dr huang nodded, softly smiling at the boy's knowledge, "yes, that's right,"
the boy nodded in subtle delight, eyes returning to the pair.

he noticed how ni-ki's hand had found byeol's bed, it softly scooting around, attempting to find the girl's.

the japanese boy soon found his soulmate's hand, heeseung noticing a small smile placing itself on his semi paled face after he'd succeeded in his mission.

the pair stayed like that for a while, heeseung being the only one in the room as their manager had decided to go and find something decent to eat, as he'd guessed their stay would be longer than anticipated.

the boy's head jerked up when the door softly opened, standing when akina walked into the room, followed by shota.

the lee boy softly bowed towards the two, akina sending the boy a soft smile.
"you must be.. tired," she hesitantly said, momentarily having forgotten the word in her second language.

heeseung softly shook his head, "i'm okay, one of us needs to be awake and it's probably not ni-ki for a little bit," he joked, the haku pair chuckling at his words.

shota approached the lee boy as his mom went towards the combined beds, shyly attempting to start speaking.
"thank you, hyung,"
heeseung looked at the younger, eyebrows slightly furrowed, "oh? for what?"
shota's eyes trailed to his baby sister for a second, quickly returning to the older, "for caring for her while we couldn't,"

heeseung barely nodded, wondering why he was thanking him, "it's really no problem, shota.. she's like our family now,"
the haku boy softly smiled, looking down at the ground, "i guess so,"

the older noticed his hesitation, deciding to take the first step and hold his arms out.
the boy's eyes glanced over as he noticed the movement, slightly smiling before embracing the lee boy.

akina looked over after hearing the quietened conversation between the two, smiling at the pair's hug.

shota let go first, heeseung noticing another presence beside him once again.

akina held her arms out, the boy's eyes slightly widening at her action. the older leaned her head down, "c'mon, i'm not scary,"

the lee boy laughed, lightly embracing the older.

akina spoke after a few seconds, "thank you for taking care of my chieko,"
heeseung shook his head, "it's kinda my fault she's here in the first place.."

akina let go, stepping back, "what do you mean by that?"
heeseung sighed, "well, me and ni-ki were the only ones home with her, and they were taking a nap when i realized i ran out of my ramen," he paused, chuckling at his own stupidity. "i was gonna go to the store myself and get some but-"

"but she said she'd do it instead?" akina cut the boy off, heeseung nodding in confirmation.

the older sighed, eyes trailing back towards her daughter, "byeol's always been like that.. she doesn't care if she gets hurt, but she'll do whatever it takes to keep people she cares for happy,"

heeseung sadly smiled, eyes also falling on the sleeping girl.

selfless byeol.. what else will you end up doing for us?

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! piwon x enha interactions
yayyy :D + another boring chap
HAHA woops >:)

+ thank you for 80k reads
this is so unreal wtf :((.