ꜱɪxᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

their time with eachother had shortly become limited— with byeol constantly practicing and recording for the show and the boys preparing for their second comeback already, the soulmates had started becoming cranky, their need for the other suddenly hightened.

she was given some free time, byeol feeling awfully pleased with the universe as it was at the same time ni-ki had told her they'd be taking their concept photos, the girl happy to tag along.

she was picked up by their manager from the mnet building, the older greeting her with happy eyes as it'd been a while of seeing her. the ride to the studio of course included small talk on various topics— including one that was still under the works.

her eyes lit up as the male parked the car, byeol not wasting a second before finding the way to get inside, her eyes widening upon seeing a boy in a wig.

no— it was her boy in a wig.

she covered her mouth with her hand, attempting to hide her surprised look.

spoiler alert, it failed.

ni-ki'd turned around upon seeing jake's signal to someone behind him, the maknae attempting to make a run for it when his eyes saw the blonde headed girl he'd been dying to see.

why'd it have to be now? he groaned internally, turning around in the sim boy's arms that'd caught him before making a successful escape.

after moments of deafening silence from the girl, she burst into a roaring fit of laughter. she didn't stop for a while, crouching onto the floor at one point.

ni-ki's face turned bright red, aware of his new temporary look being the cause of her amusement. his eyes remained on her face as her sound continued, the boy's lips turning upward without him noticing.

elation was the only thing visible on byeol's face— something she'd been struggling to feel or even wear as a façade the past few weeks, as she'd expressed to him days prior. her stress levels had gone through the roof multiple nights in a row, the pair sometimes communicating telepathically because of how bad it'd gotten.

ni-ki gasped out of his deep slumber, covering his mouth with his hand as the boys were sleeping around him. his face contorted to one of disgust as he felt the dampness of his limb, then going on to note the beads of perspiration dripping down every area of his body.

he squinted, looking at the time on his phone. 04:13.

his heartbeat was erratic, even though he'd been frolicking in dreamland for the past three hours.

his ears perked up as he heard faint whimpers, turning his head to look around the room, wondering where the sound was coming from.

then it clicked.

byeol? he asked, almost immediately receiving a hum as a response— shaky.

what's wrong, star?

it was silent for a while, until his phone screen lit up, an incoming call from 私の星<33

the boy quietly stepped out of the room, pressing the call button only to hear a choked sob from the girl. his heart winced at the sound, not speaking until he'd arrived at the entrance of the house. "why are you crying, star?" he asked, voice as gentle as ever.

"im so.. done with all of this," she began, labored breaths coming from the girl as she attempted to speak normally. "i thought it'd be fun since i'd be with my unnies and meet new ones but," she paused, taking a rather deep breath, feeling like the walls were closing in on her.

"they want me to die, rik.. all because you know of my existence, they want me kicked out of the show even thought it isn't like that," she said, voice somewhat hoarse. "maybe i should just qui-"

"don't finish that sentence." he interrupted her for the first time ever, his eyes widening as he did so, yet he couldn't let his toughness break. for her.

"but they-"

"fuck what they think," he began, a small sigh leaving his lips, "star.. they're miserable people who have nothing better to do besides hate on the beautiful girl who's doing so well despite having never been on tv," he sincerely spoke, his heartbeat calming down, because hers was.

she breathed out, slowly beginning to calm down with ni-ki's rather soothing, yet harsh, words.

the pair stayed up for not much long after, ni-ki hanging up as byeol's breathing became steadier, indicating she'd fallen asleep. he walked back to his room, a small smile on his face as he closed his eyes once more, falling into his own slumber once again.

byeol quietly sat behind the staff as she watched the boys take their first set of concept pictures, their looks being ones she adored and knew she'd collapse at once they were released— even though she was sitting in their real-time shoot.

at one point, while sunoo was taking his pictures, the boy walked up to byeol, the girl raising her attention from her phone to ni-ki. her eyes cast upon his pouting face, her eyebrows slightly furrowing in confusion, "yes?" she softly asked, the boy sticking his hand in front of her face.
"i painted on myself!"

his childlike exclaim surged a sense of happiness in the girl, byeol giggling as she took the wet wipes the stylist was handing her. "he refused to let me wipe it off," ha eun said, the girl laughing once again.

byeol took a wipe out of the package, her soft hands encasing ni-ki's stained one, carefully wiping the dirtied area.

since her attention was obviously taken from focusing on cleaning the small mess, ni-ki decided to take advantage of the moment, letting his eyes settle on her face. his orbs scanned every one of her features, a small smile appearing when he saw her focused pout— a habit she'd picked up as a child.

"and.. done!" she said a few minutes later, revealing his now cleaned skin.
he smiled, patting her head as a sign of appreciation.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! didn't really know
how to / what to write
for this chapter and it shows
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

+ how many chapters
do you guys think are left
..... comment ur guesses >:)