ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

akina held her daughter's hand for two hours before feeling the girl's first motion.

her head jolted up as byeol's finger had just barely twitched, eyes wide in almost disbelief.

did this lil bitch just move or am i- her thoughts were interrupted with another hand's twitch from the girl, akina's jaw now dropping. ok yeah she's definitely starting to wake up now

the woman pressed on the call nurse button, not having to wait even a minute before the familiar dr huang walked into the room.

"yes?" the woman asked, looking at the four people in the room, the three males looking awfully confused.
"byeol, uh.. her hand twitched," akina somewhat shakily explained, shocked.

"oh! that's good to hear!" dr huang happily said, walking towards the vital signs monitor connected to the girl's body. her eyes scanned over the previously recorded vitals, nodding her head. she then glanced down at the specially made monitor, for the tie, nodding once more.
"byeol is slowly coming to, according to the monitors. she should be awake anywhere between-"

her voice was cut off by akina's "um," the four other heads turning to look at her.
"mom?" shota asked, standing to see what was wrong.
"nothing- just," she said, pointing at byeol, who'd finally opened her eyes.

"oh," dr huang said, immediately placing the recorded charts on the desk beside her, moving closer to the girl. she took out her medical equipment, shining the dull light into the girl's eyes, checking for any signs of a head injury.

the others remembered her instructions to be quiet, so their mouths stayed shut as dr huang completed small examinations on the girl's wellbeing, their stress having lifted off their shoulders just because of her regained consciousness.

"byeol sweetie, you don't have to speak. can you move your fingers for me?" dr huang's gentle voice sounded through the girl's ears, byeol internally taking a breath before her eyes trailed down to her hands, slowly wiggling her fingers even if it hurt.
"good, good.. can you feel the pain in your arms?"

byeol knew she'd shriek out in pain if she'd attempted to nod, deciding to poke her thumb up as a response. dr huang lightly nodded after seeing her yes, making a mental note to give the girl medicine later on.

dr huang took a few more minutes of checking the girl's stability, her head snapping to the side after seeing ni-ki's head moving around from her peripherals.

"so they've been staying close recently," she thought aloud, the group's manager and shota's faces turning to one of confusion.

heeseung saw their faces, letting out an airy chuckle before leaning in.
"soulmates will do things at the same time, or close to the same time once they've been around eachother a relatively long time," he explained, the two nodding in understanding.

the soulmates' hands were barely ghosting beside the other's, touch too light for either to feel it. ni-ki let out a small groan, somewhat of a whimper.

byeol's eyes shot wide open upon hearing the sound, eyes craning to the side in attempt to see the boy. her eyes just barely caught the mop of blonde, the corners of her lips twitching up in happiness.

"b..byeol," he rasped out, a small groan of pain following. she knew she couldn't speak, or make any noise for that matter, so she resorted to the next best thing, connecting their hands once again.

once again— because their initial touch brought her brain back to consciousness, however something she wasn't able to make out was keeping her from fully awaking. she'd fought a seemingly endless internal battle, just recently winning.

she lightly interwined their fingers together, the boy letting out a heavy sigh of relief at the touch.

dr huang watched the interaction with a small smile on her face, looking up at her fellow onlookers.

"good soulmates. strong connection, they're good for eachother," she observed, writing something down in her notepad.

"do you remember them? or, at least byeol?" akina asked, curiousity having sparked in her mind, eyes laying upon the two who'd closed their eyes again, the pain being too unbearable to manage.

dr huang lightly smiled as she nodded, "i've been.. keeping track of both.. not in a weird way," she suddenly cleared up, the four laughing.
"the tie has a.. it's hard to explain, but i've been able to see their progress with eachother since the tie was actually, finally, activated,"

"their second meeting.." heeseung whispered, the woman nodding.
"their second meeting, that's right." 

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! sort of sort of not
uneventful chapter .. owell

for the p1eces on here who haven't
checked out my intak story.. why