ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

the day after the music video shoot, the boys were allowed a free day with only morning rehearsals. byeol had arrived at the building at around two pm, it now being five.

the girl received a vlive notification on her phone, realizing the boy was supposed to be in the lounge, alongside the other boys.

"jag, why didn't you tell me you guys had a live scheduled?"

"hyungs thought of it this morning.. and it's only some of them, so i'm not that worried,"

byeol watched the video, seeing how, instead of the previous three members, there were now five.
"jag~ were you a part of the plan?"

"no, i wasn't, star," he reassured her in a gentle voice, though his eyes told a different story.

"nik, you know you can go, right? don't risk getting in trouble for me, okay?" she reached for the boy's hand, ni-ki smiling guiltily.

"okay.. so maybe i was a part of the plan.."
"then why'd you-"
"i wanted to spend time with you!"
"we were together all day yesterday, jag.. i promise it's okay for you to go,"

he smiled, grabbing her hand and bringing it up towards his face, landing a small kiss on the backside of her palm.
"you wanna go with me?"

her eyes widened, "i've got to go to hee oppa.. you've really lost your mind."

he chuckled at her response, "no.. you just have to stay behind the camera. i think... aera 누나 is monitoring it today," he said, attempting to reassure the girl.

she hesitated for a while,

though he was just too convincing.

as had now become a habit, the pair walked through the company holding hands, the staff now accustomed to the sight. she wore a hood over her head— the clothing piece belonging to none other than her soulmate himself, a facemask also covering her face.

ni-ki wore virtually the same thing as the girl, though his actually fit him— completely opposite to byeol who was practically drowning in the cloth.

the pair walked up the stairs, eventually reaching the group's usual vlive lounge.

they held eachothers hand until they fully walked into the room, byeol letting go as she walked behind the camera, sitting beside aera as ni-ki waited to make his grand entrance.

the boys sitting on the couch smiled at the pair, their eyes following byeol as she sat down, returning to ni-ki as he dramatically entered the space.

byeol sat beside aera, silently laughing at the boys' continuous jokes.

after a few minutes, she'd decided to go on her phone, wondering what her mutuals had said in the past two days she hadn't had the chance to go online.

her breath hitched in her throat as she saw a majority of her ENGENE mutuals spamming her timeline.

was the main one that'd caught her attention

was the main one that'd caught her attention. plenty of others had said something close to this, some asking "was it a manager?" and others telling everyone it'd only appeared for a split second— whatever it was.

she scrolled through her feed for a bit longer, attempting to somehow find out what her mutuals were talking about. soon enough, she found a tweet explaining.

upon reading she explanation everyone was basing their tweets off of, the girl raised her head to find the little mirror they spoke about—

and sure enough, above the boys, was a small reflective surface where staff members could be seen walking by the opened door every few seconds. she silently slapped her forehead, not believing her idiocracy in a situation like this one.

she hoped and prayed twitter engenes would simply think it was a manager helping the boy roll up his sleeve, however she felt the slightest bit relieved knowing her facial features were all covered, meaning no one would be able to find her.

soon enough, the members had said their final goodbyes to their viewers, aera leaning over to cut the video off.

ni-ki leaned back as he sighed from the tiredness he felt, the boy having only slept a mere three hours the night before.

byeol sat tight in her seat as she watched the boys clear out of the room, soon after slowly making her way towards the maknae, who'd stayed in his seat.

her eyes trailed over his face, able to notice the darkened eyebags being covered by the now creasing concealer and cushion. she brought her hands up, cupping the side of his face as her fingers began lightly patting the makeup into his skin, smoothening the harsh lines.

the corners of his lips turned upward, softly leaning into her touch. she tenderly smiled at the feeling, soothing behind his ears with her fingertips.

she continued her comforting movements for a while longer, suddenly stopping, a groan coming from the sleep-deprived sixteen year old.
"why stop?" he mumbled out in his sleepy talk.

byeol only giggled, ni-ki reluctantly opening his eyes to look at the girl.

with drowsiness still lingering in the boy's system, the pretty girl sat in front of him only elevated his mood. "hm.." he let out an airy chuckle, "girl pretty,"

"you wanna go back home?" she asked with a gentle voice, massaging her hands through his hair.

his eyes widened in a surprised manner, "home?... girl pretty, mine?"

even if he'd only spoken three sentences using his sleepy gibberish, the girl was able to make out the boy's broken language. "all yours," she replied with a small nod, referencing the small phrase he always used when talking about her.

he cheekily smiled, leaning into her touch again, "mm.. mine," he said, eyes droopy once again.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! byeolki
cutest couple part whatever
this is 😵‍💫😵‍💫🥲🥲 & oo
a bit of drama ~~

'sleepy talk' inspired by
EUPHORISAN !!!