ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

a few days passed, it now being the happiest, and best, ( in byeol's opinion ) holiday of every year—

Christmas.

ni-ki learned this fact about byeol during their first café date, the boy having thought about what to get for her since that very day.

he'd finally gathered all he wanted to get for her, the two soulmates having decided to spend it at her house— since it was impossible for ni-ki to return home for the holidays, he'd decided to spend some days with one of his members' family, the rest of the break with byeol's. it wouldn't only be the two of them, though, shota and stephen having announced they'd also be going to, and staying at, the haku household.

he was now at heeseung's house, the two older boys helping ni-ki wrap his gifts for the girl.

"dang, dude.. didn't know he was down this bad for her," heeseung's brother said, the younger lee snickering.
"oh, it's been bad for a while. but i get it, they're the rare soulmates.. it was bound to happen,"
"uh, i'm right here," the youngest emphasized, the two lee brothers laughing.
"we're just kidding, nik.. it's cute seeing you like this,"

the youngests' cheeks unnoticeably turned a light shade of pink— attempting to keep his brain on task.

"bye~ Ni-Ki~ we'll see you soon~ be safe~ don't have s~"
*car door shuts*

ni-ki rolled his eyes, waving goodbye to heeseung's brother as he dropped the younger off in front of byeol's house.

he took a deep breath, adjusting his bags' straps before walking closer to the enterance.

he texted byeol, "i'm here~"

no response.

his eyebrows furrowed as he continued waiting for a reply from the day-younger girl, though it never came.

he'd waited five, daunting minutes before making the executive decision to knock on the door he'd been staring at.

he sucked in a breath as he very faintly heard footsteps approaching the door — eyebrows turning downwards as he came face to face with akina.

"oh, riki! you're here!" she exclaimed, looking at the boy with happy eyes.

"hi, akina.. do you know where byeol is? i tried texting her but she never replied,"

akina laughed at her daughter, "oh my gosh, yeah.. she told me you were coming over today, but fell asleep. shes taking a nap right now,"

ni-ki chuckled, "so.. should i text my hyung to come get m-"

"no! no, of course not! are you crazy?"
"uh.. no-"
"of course you don't have to go, you can go up to see if she's woken up yet, if you want,"

"but-"
"nope. stephen and shota went out for a bit, but they'll be back soon.. and i'm not doing anything right now.. and i know you're both not stupid, so yes, i give you permission to go into her room,"
ni-ki kept his gaze on her facial expressions, soon realizing she was being serious, "o..kay! i will do that, thank you, akina,"

the older smiled as she walked back to the living room, the boy taking a deep breath in before making his way towards the girl's room.

okay, okay, it'll literally be fine. you've nothing to worry about..

he quietly stepped into her room, eyes turning to crescents after seeing byeol's peacefully sleeping figure on her bed.

he placed his bags on the ground, carefully sitting in the girl's hammock across from her bed.

he'd only lasted a minute there before wanting to scream— i feel like such a creep what am i doing here just staring at her while she sleeps

he fought a mental debate with himself, repeatedly shushing the little voice in the back of his head telling him to go through with what his heart wanted to do

fuck it

he slowly got up from the hammock, still not sure of the girl's sleeping habits.

hopefully i don't wake her up?

he was able to silently take off his shoes, the white noise she had playing from her laptop filling the awkward silence he overwhelmingly noticed.

he moved the comforter from around her, slowly, timidly climbing into the girl's bed, placing himself beside her.

he'd noticed the multiple plushies she had surrounding her earlier — though failed to realize the jaguar she now slept cuddled up with had fallen from her grasp.

as he finally got into a comfortable position, he froze upon hearing a small noise sound from the girl beside him.

his eyes widened as he held his breath, not daring to move a muscle — soon sensing byeol feeling around the bed, searching for her jaguar.

the girl unconsciously felt around her space before finding something — unable to notice it'd been the boy, not the gift he'd won for her. but she didn't mind, obviously.

ni-ki on the other hand ....

a mess.

the boy's face turned bright red as he felt the girl's arms wrap themselves around his torso, her face coming onto his chest. he could feel her smile on his neck.

he slowly, silently breathed out after what felt like forever, now letting out a smile himself.

his hands carefully moved around the girl's body, latching onto her in order to hold her closer.

so she's a heavy sleeper .. nice to know

he relaxed in her hold, softly beginning to rub his fingers up and down her back and arms, soon falling into his own slumber as well.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n!
crying and screaming and
throwing up as i write this 😵‍💫😵‍💫
byeolki are too cute i can't

happy engene day!! <3
here's a lil gift :-)