21. Do A Twirl For Me

___________________________

.

.

.

As if on cue, the door was pushed open.

And if this wasn't enough proof for Xander that Joanne will always be one step ahead of him, then god knows what was.

For Joanne stood there with her dazzling grin, in her all-black goth look.

Stella slapped her forehead while Anika burst out laughing before she composed herself. Olivia furrowed her forehead and made her 'What the hell?' face.

"My dear, what are you wearing?" Rubina asked, her lips pursed in a tight smile.

Joanne blinked and looked down, inspecting her outfit.

She looked up and said, "Clothes?"

"I can see that." She nodded.

"I knew I shouldn't have let her go by herself." Anika said under her breath.

Gregory glanced at her.

"She looks pretty."

The couple looked down at their darling little daughter who was staring at her aunt approvingly.

Gregory looked over at his wife who met his eyes. They smiled, pursing their lips together to not laugh out loud.

Their daughter was picking up all these habits from her aunts. They weren't complaining. The three women were exceptional individuals and it would be nice if she picked up a few traits of them, which she was bound to, for the Kings stuck together, no matter what.

"Well, let's not waste anymore time." Anthony said and added for only Xander to hear. "Joanne 1, Xander 0."

Xander took a deep breath of exasperation and elbowed him in the gut.

The madwoman had won this time but he was going to up his game and the web designer didn't stand a chance against a made man of the Mafia.

The whole signing and officiating of the wedding went without any drama. They were to pick up the license in two-three days.

Rubina wanted to get photos  taken to release to the press, to stitch up foul mouths, but her crazy granddaughter in law's crazy look made it impossible, so she decided that she will have a photoshoot after everything was settled down.

The family was on their way out when they met them.

"Mama! Pops!" Olivia cried as she ran to their arms.

"Luke!"

"Dexter!"

The boys mimicked as they joined the family hug.

Rubina pushed Leon forward to meet his in-laws.

"You must be Leon.." Martha smiled at her daughter's husband.

"Yes ma'am, nice to meet you all. " He said, a sincere smile on his face.

"Likewise." Burt said coldly.

Of course, Olivia had informed them of the marriage with the excuse that Zach and she were over and that she wanted to marry Leon because she loved him and the stupid King family rule.

Martha only cared about her daughter's happiness but Burt was a bit suspicious.

Olivia loved Zach. He was sure if something happened to their relation, it would be because of Zach and not Olivia, who was devoted to what they had.