110. Baby, We Found The Kid

___________________________

.

.

.

"How could this happen?" Anika cried into Olivia's shoulder.

"Don't worry honey, we've got this!" Rodney said. She and Joanne had laptops perched on their laps, and they were typing furiously to overwrite the jammers they were using.

"Did you reach anywhere?" Rodney asked her daughter.

Joanne stopped typing and sat back, staring at her screen. "If I could just get close to whoever is operating the jammers, I can use my Runes."

"Runes?" Stella asked.

"It's a code she made, which enables only her to function at a certain radius." Rodney explained it to them in the simplest manner she could.

"So instead of trying to overwrite them, we should try to track them." Rodney said.

"You keep trying to overwrite and I will track the source. That way, we will get in one way or the other." Joanne said as she resumed typing like crazy.

"They got the van but Ava is not in it!" Stella walked over to them, crying. Anika let out another heart-aching sob. Stella hugged her while Olivia walked over to Joanne, watching her type god knows what, hoping that she would be able to track their little one down.

Rubina was making calls after calls in the distance, blaming herself for the abduction of the great granddaughter.

"Why didn't anyone see this coming?" Joanne sighed. "Why didn't I see this coming?"

"You had the security intact. It was not your fault nor Rubina's or anybody else's."

Martha grabbed hold of her daughter's arm and pulled her to the side, her two brothers hovering over them. "Why is everyone talking like this was something they should have anticipated?" Martha's eyes were red with fear and worry. "Why did it sound like it is something you people go through every day?"

Olivia covered her face with her hand; this was not the time she wanted to answer all of her mother's questions and this was not the way her family were to find out about the secret of the Kings family, if at all they were to ever find out.

"The business world is cruel, Mama." She lied. "It's so cruel that things like this keep happening." In a way, she was telling the truth. The Mafia was also a business, just illegal and with a lot of criminal activities and blood shed. Maybe she could keep that away from her parents and brothers for as long as she could? Because right now was not the time for the truth to come out and for her to deal with her mother and brothers' reaction while Ava was missing.

"Have this happened before?" She asked.

"Ava was never abducted before, if that's what you are asking." Olivia was growing restless and irritated as the minutes passed by. "But yes, Leo, Greg and Jo have gotten hurt before."

"What?" Tears bubbled up in Martha's eyes. She didn't know much about Gregory but Leon was her daughter's husband and was like one of her own sons and Joanne was her little girl. How could she bear knowing that they had gotten hurt and by the way that her daughter was refraining from giving her much information, she could only hope that they were not too hurt. They all seemed fine now but were they?

"Mama..." Olivia choked on her tears as she held her mother's arms. "I just want our little girl to come home now. We can talk about everything else later okay?"

She looked over at her brothers who were silent throughout the conversation. "I will explain everything to all of you, but let Ava be found first."

They nodded. They could see how much the family meant to Olivia and why not? They had seen first hand the chemistry and dynamics between the family members. They were so sweet and cared so much for one another.