25. So Are You Coming?

_________________________

.

.

.

|| XANDER KING ||

.

I started awake in the middle of the night by a loud bang. I quickly sat up to see Joanne already on her feet, slipping into her robe and slippers.

"Did you hear that?" She whispered as she grabbed her phone off the nightstand, sniffing.

I nodded as I pulled out my gun from under the pillow and put on my footwear.

I pulled Joanne back and walked up front. I wasn't really okay with the idea of taking her along but one, she won't listen for sure and two, I didn't want to leave her alone either.

"Where do you think the sound came from?" Joanne whispered.

"Downstairs." I said. I controlled a sneeze as we tiptoed through the corridor.

We met Leon at the stairs.

He motioned for us to keep quiet with a finger on his lips and tiptoed down the stairs.

Leon took the library while I proceeded stealthily towards the parlor. I turned around motioning Joanne to keep quiet only to find her gone.

Ugh.. This woman.

I quickly snuck into the dining room to see the idiot leaning against the kitchen door, her hands folded up front. I tiptoed to her and was about to tap on her shoulder when I saw what she was staring at.

I raised a brow.

Stella giggled as she pulled the spoon back just as Anthony closed his mouth.

"Oh come on babe." He chuckled.

Honestly, what the hell?

Stella was perched on the kitchen counter with a tub of ice cream in her hand while Anthony stood between her legs, his arms around her waist.

All of a sudden, there was laughter. Joanne and I craned our heads toward the other kitchen entrance to see Leon there, laughing.

Stella looked mortified while Anthony glared at our brother.

"Oh come on Leon, you ruined the fun." Joanne said as we both walked in. And the duo looked shocked.

"Hey guys, did we interrupt something?" My crazy wife wiggled her eyebrows.

"What are you guys doing down here?" Anthony narrowed his eyes.

"Cockblocking?" Joanne offered. Stella gasped and smacked her on the arm while Leon and I laughed. Stella looked up at me shocked. In fact, all of them did.

"What?" I asked.

"You are laughing." Joanne said. "Once in a blue moon event."

She sneezed violently.

"I was laughing all day yesterday." I said, reminding her of the water fight, the reason for both of us catching a cold.

"Yeah, because you find joy in torturing Joey." She pointed to herself while I rolled my eyes.

"Back to bed all of you." Anthony said, impatiently.

"Nah. I want ice cream." Leon grabbed the tub Stella had left on the counter.

"Me too." Joanne piped in.

"No." I said, grabbing the back of her long T-shirt as she tried to make her way over to my brother. "You are sick."