73. Being Egoistical Jackasses

_______________________

.

.

.

Joanne slapped her best friend across her arm.

"Oww!" Olivia whined as she rubbed her arm which was already turning red. "What was that for?"

"After what happened with Greg, when you said this idiot wasn't fine, I thought something bad bad had happened!" Joanne exclaimed, staring at the gash on Leon's forehead that Xander was cleaning up.

"This isn't bad bad enough Jo?" Leon pouted, wincing when Xander pressed too hard. "Careful brother!"

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Xander was fuming with rage.

"Hey Liv, you might want to take over for my husband if you don't want your husband bleeding out because mine poked at his wound too hard." Joanne leaned into Olivia's ear and said, seeing how enraged Xander looked, though she had no idea what had happened. The two women did not know how Leon had managed to get the gash on his head or how he had managed to piss Xander off.

"I think you might be right." Olivia whispered, wincing with Leon when he was poked too hard again.

"Xander, I think he is hurting enough... you know, without you contributing to it?" Joanne approached her husband and placed her hand over his. He relaxed immediately. He stood up straight and dropped his hand to the side, letting go of the gauze as he did.

"Olivia, help him." He said emotionlessly and walked out of the room.

Joanne looked between Olivia and Leon and then nodded to her best friend before leaving the room, following after her husband.

"Mind telling me what's going on?" Olivia asked, taking some fresh gauze and pouring antiseptic on it.

"Let's just say Tony fucked up and I fucked up trying to fix it." He gave her a sheepish grin while she looked at him the way a mother would look at her kid who was caught red-handed causing trouble.

He sighed and pulled her closer to him, resting his chin on her tummy and looking up so that he can hug her while she worked on his wound.

"I don't know what's happening anymore, Livy." Leon sighed. "I don't want to blame him but Tony fucked up big time and I don't think Xander and I will be able to fix it. And Greg is still in the hospital."

Olivia was surprised to find Leon confiding in her. She didn't think she would like it the way she did. It felt like they were indeed husband and wife. Olivia was reminded of the recent message she had received from Zach, but she pushed it to the back of her mind, her heart telling her to cherish this moment right here.

She pursed her lips. She wanted to be of comfort to him, but she didn't know what to say because she didn't exactly know what was going on, and she doubted THAT was something he would be willing to tell her.

"I am sure you guys will find a way." She said instead. "But for that, all of you must stay together and think with a calm head."

Leon nodded, smiling up at her. "I will try to mediate with Tony and Xandy. But we have to keep it from Greg for the time being. He is itching to get back to work as it is. If he hears of this, his recovery time will fly out the window."

Olivia nodded in understanding. She needed to keep it from Anika and Stella as well because both of them didn't need the stress either. She wished Joanne didn't know but she was already in on it so it couldn't be helped.

"And maybe try to go a bit easy on Tony, though I don't know what exactly he did." Olivia added.

Leon chuckled. "He did exactly what all four of us brothers are extremely good at."