2. I Love You!

___________________________

.

.

.

|| STELLA MARTIN||

.

I bit my lip as I watched the trees whiz by.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I almost jumped when I heard him speak up. Anthony had his eyes on the road, and his one hand on top of mine.

I looked over at him and smiled. "I am just excited for the surprise." Though it was not the complete truth, it really was part of it.

I had been looking forward to this date ever since he asked me to go with him last week. But I was not going to tell him the rest of what was going on in my mind.

I mean, how the hell am I supposed to tell my boyfriend of three months that I am freaking out because my darling Joanne had predicted that he was going to propose today. What if he gets the wrong idea that I want him to propose? It will end up freaking him out and I will probably lose my perfect boyfriend.

I wanted to marry him. And now that the thought had come into my mind, I would love to have it as soon as possible. But I could not rush him.

What if he left me like the rest?

Everyone I ever loved has always left me.

"Patience is a virtue, my love." He chuckled and looked over at me for a moment and then back on the road. "Did I tell you that you look absolutely stunning today?"

"Only about four times in the fifteen minutes we have been in the car." I laughed. He was so sweet.

"Let's make it five then." He turned to me. "You look stunning."

I tried to suppress the shy smile and failed. And I don't need a look at my face to know that I am blushing a shade darker than my make up.

This man made me so happy that I don't know what I would do if we are ever to break up.

I looked out the window and realized that we were on the road to the beach.

"We are going to the beach?" I asked, my eyes set on the horizon.

Anthony simply nodded, smiling.

I didn't know we were going to the beach!

But... I looked down at the fancy clothes I was wearing.

"In these clothes? " I motioned towards my dress and then his tux. I don't think this is the best outfit for a night at the beach.

"Why not?" He winked at me.

A chuckle escaped my mouth as he turned back to the road, squeezing my hand.

This man makes me so so happy.

But I wonder how I make him feel. The thing is, when all is said and done, Anthony really is difficult to read.

Don't get me wrong - I am not doubting on him like Olivia and thinking that he is acting like a good guy and is actually some kind of a serial killer! That is simply crazy - and something that I had expected from my crazy friend Joanne and not my level headed one, Olivia. But I know she means no harm. Olivia is the Momma bear among the three of us and she just wants all of us to be safe and sound.

I have complete faith in Anthony - he waltzed into my life and made it so colorful and happy.

But all I want to know is if I have that kind of impact on him as well. I don't want to be a leech sucking on his time and potential. I want to be as important to him as he is to me. Because I know I wouldn't be able to live with the knowledge that I am just another disposable part of his life while he is the world to me.