86. Both Of Us

______________________________

.

.

.

Rubina wasn't coming; she had some plans, she said.

They were taking two of the SUVS to go - Xander, Joanne, Wolverine, Anthony and Stella in one and Leon, Olivia, Ava, Gregory and Anika in the other; Olivia had something to do with Xander and Anthony together hoping that Xander would at least say one or two words to him.

Xander wasn't disappointed with his wife - Wolverine was brought out of the house with sunglasses, a huge hat and tiny shoes because 'sand irritates my pup'.

"It's gonna get wet." Xander said.

"That's the beauty of life, Xandy." She smiled smugly at him while he glowered at the very name he had wanted her to call him in his drunken state.

"Everybody file in!" Leon clapped, as if he was some kind of PE teacher.

The four couples, the little kid and the dog had the best day at the beach, forgetting about their problems and worries for a while. They had a chaotic family; but they were also a happy family. They always had something going on; stressing them and making them fight among one another but at the end of the day, they were a family.

And that's the beauty of life.

.

.

.

It was judgement day. They were going to meet the Boss. Of course they couldn't keep it under wraps and they had to meet the very Boss because he was in New York. How could they even think that this will go unnoticed?

And Joanne was hella mad though she couldn't show. How could her grandfather do that to her? She had thought that everything was going to be fine now that she had promised him that when he thought the time was right, she would take over for him. Then why the hell was he making a deal out of this; he was supposed to take care of it!

"We will be fine!" Xander exclaimed in her ears, taking her by surprise. "We have dealt with the matter and everything will be fine. We have already paid twenty billion dollars back and we will pay the rest back to the Mafia as well. So relax..." He massaged her tensed shoulders.

"Yeah yeah... I know." Joanne couldn't shake the scowl off her face no matter how much she tried. Usually, she was the CEO of masking her emotions but right now, she was so fucking mad at her grandfather that she just couldn't pretend to be unbothered.

Xander could see that she was extremely stressed, just not the reason for the mood.

"How about you take a good, long nap? We will be back before you even wake up." He suggested, pressing his lips to her temple.

Joanne looked up at him, her eyes slightly wide. She thought for a moment and finally said, "That is such a brilliant idea!"

"Then maybe you could give me a smile?" He asked, cupping her face.

Instead of a smile, she jumped up and gave him a peck on his nose, which brought a smile to his face. That was all he really needed to fight against the whole wide world; this was one he had already won.

"See you later." He bent down and pressed his lips against hers. He had planned on a simple peck but he just couldn't help but deepen; he was indeed whipped.

"Go!!" She laughed, pushing him away as she broke the kiss.

Xander scrunched up his face in annoyance but nodded nevertheless. "Get some rest. We will have lunch here and then we have to go to the hospital." It was the day she was to get her last hemodialysis before the transplant. And she was so looking forward towards the boring procedure ending - she usually slept through it but when she didn't, she would be bored to death for the four hours she laid there. She was a hyperactivity person and being awake, she hated just lying around in one place. Even at home, she would change places a hundred times.