27. I Don't Own Any Company

_______________________________

.

.

.

|| GREGORY KING ||

.

We didn't talk as we sat in the car. The ride to the airport was awkwardly silent.

She looked gorgeous. I had forgotten she could look like that. Her usual everyday wear included hoodies, hoodies and hoodies. And she never wore make up unless absolutely necessary.

But today, she looked just amazing.

And I have been seeing more of her old quirkiness in her. It made me happy.

Our lives were brightening up once again.

Who knew three marriages could change the whole atmosphere so drastically?

And Grandma was cordial with Anika as well. Probably because of a certain sister in law of mine who burnt anyone who got on her nerve.

I chuckled but cleared my throat when Anika glanced at me, a cute frown on her face.

"I was thinking about.. The water fight." I told her.

Her lips broke out in a smile immediately, lighting up her whole face.

"It's my most favorite memory of that house." She grinned, turning her whole body towards me.

It had only been a few weeks since we moved to the new place after the shootout at our old home, but I was glad she was making memories.

"Yeah, mine too." I laughed. "I didn't know you could slide down the banister like that!"

Her eyes widened as her cheeks turned red. "I was kinda into all that crazy stuff back in the days." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

I nodded. I realized I didn't really know much about her past, except for her abusive brother.

"So how are you coping with the new members?" I know that's a stupid question because it's too obvious how happy she was now, but I just wanted the conversation to keep going.

We never had proper conversations. And I admit it was my fault at first but then she had started pushing me away when I tried to approach her. And the coldness continued for three whole years.

"I love them." She smiled genuinely. "Jo and I get along the best, as you would have noticed." She shrugged as I nodded. "Livy and I bond over Ava mainly. Stella and I just started getting along."

I nodded. I didn't know what to say.

Fuck me. I have been married to her for almost four years and I still don't know what to say to her.

"Um.. " I cleared my throat trying to form words but I couldn't form any. She blinked as she stared at me confused.

"I am going to be very busy in Hawaii." I blurted out. Idiot.

She nodded as if she already knew that.

"So you should enjoy the vacation alone for the first two days and then we can do stuff together."

Now she looked surprised.

"We are going to spend time together?"

I frowned.

"Yeah. That's why you agreed to come with me, right?" I asked.

Did I say something wrong?

"Well, I didn't know we would be spending time together." She scratched the back of her neck.