38. Almost Tolerable?

_________________________________

.

.

.

Joanne barged into her room, looking like she was ready to kill someone. Specifically, her youngest brother-in-law.

Xander was on his feet when his wife walked in and he felt the atmosphere change drastically along with her mood.

"Where the fuck is your brother?" She seethed.

"Which one?" He cocked his head.

"The one who is cheating on his wife." She narrowed her eyes.

Xander was surprised to hear that. Without missing a beat, he said, "None of my brothers are cheating on their wives."

"Oh yeah, then why is my best friend sitting on the balcony crying her eyes out while the whereabouts of her husband are unknown?"

Xander connected the dots. Leon was home and Olivia wouldn't shed a tear even if he was having an affair. And that left only Anthony.

Xander knew very well that Anthony would never do that, especially not to Stella. Right now, she was the person he loved the most in the world and he would never do anything that could jeopardize their relationship and love.

"I will go look for him." He said because he was scared for his little brother now. If he hadn't come back home, where the hell was he? Was he in some sort of trouble?

He quickly grabbed his phone and dialed his number suddenly feeling angry at his wife and her friends for coming to the conclusion that his brother was cheating on Stella when the truth could be that he could be in trouble.

"Xander?" Came his voice, sounding relaxed but completely awake.

"Where are you?"

"And why the hell didn't he pick up Stella or my phone calls?" Joanne asked.

"I honestly don't want to talk to any of them." Anthony said, having heard what his sister-in-law had to say. "Brother, I am fine and I am sure that is all that matters to you."

"We need to talk." Xander said firmly, watching Joanne clench her fist in anger.

"I will come to your office in the morning."

Before Xander could say anything, Anthony hung up.

"I will talk to him, ask what's going on." Xander sighed, keeping his phone down on the nightstand.

"There better be a valid reason for all of this because I am going to kill him if he is really cheating on my friend." She seethed.

"Joanne-"

"I think I have already established that I am capable of killing people if the situation asks for it." She spoke. This of course was a sly spontaneous move from her part to establish that she was still traumatized by the incident. She felt guilty for taking advantage of the situation but she had to look out for herself because her life had taught her that no one else ever was going to be always there for her. If her truth comes out, she will probably have a bullet through her head and she didn't want to die.

Before Xander could react, Joanne walked out the door.

Xander sat back down, feeling frustrated. He believed that Joanne was more affected that he let on and he didn't know what to do about it. But one thing he knew, the first thing that he had to do was ensure a situation like this never arose again.

.

.

.

"Will you tell me what's going on with you now?" Anika looked up from her juice when Joanne asked and she quickly realized she was talking to Olivia.