99. What Is With That Face?

________________________

.

.

.

"Oh god, Annie is so mad at me!" Gregory exclaimed as he clutched his hair, plopping down on the bed.

"For fuck's sake Greg, you are TEN years older than her!" Xander rolled his eyes. "Are you really telling me you are scared of her little anger? I would find it cute."

Anthony and Gregory exchanged knowing looks.

"Say Xandy..." Anthony leaned closer to his elder brother, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Would you say the same for my sis in law, Jo?"

Xander looked over at both his brothers and gave them a deadly glare, while the two of them smirked back at him, unaffected by the glare that could make any other pee in their pants.

"Joanne is not scary." He stated firmly. "I find her cute."

Anthony and Gregory looked at each other again, making it plenty clear that they were not buying his words, which irritated the handsome hunk.

"What is with that face?"

"What face?" Gregory acted dumb.

"You mean the face you made when Jo hacked into the security system at Target?" Anthony grinned amusedly, knowing he hit the bullseye with that one because Xander's eyes were as wide as saucers. He cursed Stella's habit of telling Anthony everything and Anthony's habit of telling everyone everything.

"Shut up!" Xander scowled. He really didn't have anything better to counter with and the brothers knew it very well, which made them laugh out loud.

"Oh so you brothers are still living your old days here?"

The trio turned to the door to see Anika standing there, hands on hips and a scowl on her face. A scowl directed at Xander.

"What?" He raised a brow at her, unaffected by the anger she was radiating.

"I don't know, Xander. I want to scream at you but I think that could wait for a couple of hours maybe."

"Why?" Gregory was confused.

Anika ignored her husband and continued speaking to Xander.

"Are you perhaps forgetting a certain someone who just can't sleep without you anymore?" She sneered at him; his eyes widening as soon as she said it. "A certain someone who also happens to be taking a hundred pills and recovering from a major surgery? And who was binge-watching TV shows instead of sleeping the whole night because her husband slept in the guestroom?"

"Shit!" Xander cursed under his breath and jumped out of the bed, rushing out of the room, completely ignoring everyone else.

"Don't tell me she actually stayed awake the whole night!" Anthony was surprised too; he had always regarded this particular sister in law as someone who cared about herself before anyone else and it was just not like her to be dependent on Xander for something as trivial sleep.

"She was binge-watching some series." Anika sighed and then glared at her husband. "Happy now?"

Gregory just pouted, disappointed by his wife's attitude towards his and his brothers' idea of fun.

It was a Sunday and he had done all of his work so that he could spend the whole day with his wife and daughter but now she was pissed at him. That meant everything he had done had gone to waste.

As for Anthony, he knew that after last night's date, Stella would be extremely tired for anything today so he was just going to spend the day in bed with her. Though he still didn't know how he was going to explain all the scars and burn marks he had gathered on his face and arms last night.