103. I Get To Choose Where We Go

_____________________

.

.

.

Joanne's eyes lit up as she typed back the message for which she had been waiting for a while. For a life that had been spiraling out of control for the past few weeks, things were finally starting to look up for her.

There was a knock on the door.

She looked up as Xander said, "Come in."

Daniella walked in with a huge smile which disappeared as soon as she saw Joanne.

"Well, if it isn't the wannabe homewrecker!" She rolled her eyes as she looked back down at her phone.

Xander raised a brow, shaking his head as he pursed his lips to stop the chuckle. His wife really was something.

"Excuse me?" Daniella raised a brow.

"I was talking to you only darling, chillax." Joanne didn't look up again. She had a gender reveal and a luncheon to plan and make sure that everything went smoothly.

Also, she had stuff to send her mother who was landing that evening on New York. Finally, the mom was back from Portugal.

"Just say whatever you are here to say and leave." Xander said rudely before Daniella could spew any nonsense at his wife.

"We need to go over the shipments scheduled for next week. The vultures are all over the place. The dock is not a good place to hide stuff right now." Daniella fully expected her boss to stop her from disclosing so much of information in front of his wife but he seemed the least bothered while Joanne looked the least interested.

"Well, go over it with Tony. He can handle it. I am leaving early today."

Now this had Joanne's attention who looked up to narrow her eyes at him. She was very comfortable on the chair and didn't want to go anywhere any time soon.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"On a date." He shrugged, as if it was the most obvious thing in the whole world. While Daniella was fuming at his response, Joanne watched his face suspiciously waiting for some kind of slip in his mask which could call his bluff. But when she saw none, she grew suspicious.

"Why?" Yes, it was the dumbest reaction a woman could give to her husband who had just informed her of them going on a date but she just couldn't help it. Their relationship might look a lot like any other married couple's but they were both way too eccentric and unpredictable. So there was no saying what was going on in any of their minds.

"Because we never go on dates." He shrugged again. "P.S. it's been a long week. I would like some peace before we go back to the chaos of our home."

Daniella really felt like a third-wheel standing there with no part in the dialogue between the married couple, but it was also a reality check for her. A reality check that these two were married and they were in love. Yes, Xander seemed more in love than Joanne, as she always observed but maybe it was because she was not willing to see the love in Joanne's eyes. Because she wanted to believe that Joanne didn't deserve Xander because he loved her so much and she didn't love him back just as much. Maybe it was just a lie that she had been feeding herself.

"If you want peace, one would think I would be the first person for you to get rid of." Joanne chuckled but her smile dropped as soon as she saw the annoyed look on her other half's face. She was not one to apologize so she just flashed him a sheepish grin.

"I get to choose where we go." She said.

"Of course you do." Xander rolled his eyes and turned back to Daniella. "Yeah, so tell Tony to deal with it."