71. I am Too Tired To Think

__________________________

.

.

.

"Too many hospital visits these days." Joanne commented. She was curled up on the car seat, sitting sideways and resting her face on the seat while she stared at her husband. She was exhausted after the hemodialysis.

"I know." Xander's eyes darted to her face for just a moment. "And I can see that you aren't enjoying them one bit."

"It makes me feel sick." She pouted, her eyes begging her to close them.

Xander smiled softly and turned to her. "You are just tired. You are not sick; you are way too healthy and happy to even be suspected to be sick."

Joanne rolled her eyes. Of course he was trying to be this supportive husband, who was always hanging around her and making sure that she was fine and safe but that really didn't cheer her up. She was appreciative of his efforts but after what she had recently found out, she didn't think she was going to even try to trust him.

Xander was family. He was her husband. And the Kings too were her family and she absolutely adored them, but that didn't mean that she trusted them. She just couldn't bring herself to do that, at least not right now.

Her whole life, she had only trusted two people and she recently found out that both of them had been lying to her, the justification to which she still hadn't received. She figured she would have to wait a long time for that one, considering her grandfather was a VERY busy man.

Rodney did try to contact her time and again but Joanne had learnt the art of cyber blocking and cloaking from the best and that too at a young age - the old woman couldn't keep up with her daughter's digital advancements anymore. And Joanne only contacted her to help Xander with the shit that was going on.

"I know I know, you probably want to punch me in the face because I am being such a cringey husband right now, right?" Xander continued talking when he saw that Joanne had no intention of making a comment. "And the only thing that's stopping you is the fact that you are too lazy and tired to do it?"

Joanne let out a small chuckle and said, "I hate the fact that you can read my mind now."

"And yet, I am still a mystery to you." Xander smirked.

"Not really." Joanne yawned. "You are in a dilemma right now."

"Hmm?" Xander looked over at his wife. "What kind of dilemma?"

"There's shit going down in the business and you have to take charge because Greg is bedridden but your wife's health is deteriorating by the day so you don't know where you are exactly supposed to be." She said. "But you want to be with me for some weird reason and you yourself don't know why is it that. You know things are blowing up in the background but you choose to ignore that and patiently wait in the waiting room while I get my blood filtered."

Xander looked over at Joanne and she was simply staring at him. "I actually expected you to come to some dramatic conclusion?"

"I am too tired to think." She sighed and closed her eyes.

Xander nodded. "I know." He whispered under his breath. It was the very reason why he was sticking to her like glue. She was so tired and unmotivated.

This change was so sudden that he really didn't know what to do but he felt that the fact that he was staying with her rather than going to fix the other things that were going on would be an indication for her that no matter what the circumstance their wedding had taken place in, he did care about her and he would always prioritize her.