91. Get Your Own Car!

_____________________

.

.

.

Joanne snuck a glance at her best friend who was on her phone because going back to typing frantically on her phone. She really needed her laptop. She hated it when she had to do things on the small gadgets. Especially with her stupid glasses on.

She thought back to her wedding day when she had told her Mom that she wanted to do LASIK and fix her eyesight once and for all. But then Rodney had been extremely busy and then hell broke loose and it had stayed that way for a while. And then she had to get her operation done.

Now that she had a healthy kidney, she wanted to get her eyes fixed as well. And then she could have a happy life.

Her stupid brain was quick to point out that once her health was completely restored, her grandfather wouldn't waste a moment in making her the next Boss. And he couldn't really be blamed; he wanted to retire as soon as her father, Anderson Blake, came of age but her father had completely declined to take over so Jackson had to continue as the Boss until she came of age because he did not want the business going out of the Blake family's hand. Again, it was not about ego or pride. It was just that the American Mob used to be a cruel and immoral organization before Joanne's great grandfather Alexander Blake took over. Jackson didn't want his father's hard work to go to waste and his own blood were the only people he trusted with the job.

Anyway, that left Joanne in a dilemma. Would the family still accept her if they got to know the truth? It was a matter of 'when' and not 'if' because they would know when she became the Boss. And after the lie that her grandfather had fed them about her being the one who blew the whistle, she didn't know if they would even forgive her.

"Whoa, what are you plotting in that pea-sized brain of yours?"

Joanne looked up, her eyes widened and her jaw clenching before she quickly replaced it with an effortless grin. "LEO!!!" She exclaimed, the excitement in her voice could deceive anyone. She was that good.

"Leo!" Olivia was on her feet, having two steps forward as if to embrace him in a hug. She had missed him immensely, more than she was willing to ever admit and after receiving no calls from him throughout the day, seeing him standing right in front of her made her heart beat against her ribcage as if it wanted to break free of it.

"Oh just hug and kiss already!" Joanne smirked at the two, satisfied to see the pink tinge that appeared on their cheeks as soon as she said it. Her stupid husband rarely blushed. If his face turned red, it was mostly because he was raging. "Go on, get out of this room and talk!"

Leon gave his sister in law a smile and grabbed Olivia's hand while she looked at their entwined hands in surprise. Joanne waved as the two walked out of the room, her smile disappearing almost immediately as soon as they left the room.

She looked back at her phone and the tracking she was on. She really needed to get her laptop to find out what exactly was going on, or at least her other phone. But what she got till now, it wasn't Zach who was sending Olivia all those creepy texts.

It was Leon.

.

.

.

Anika flinched as oil spluttered out of the pan, which Xander hadn't waited to dry before adding the cooking oil.

"Xander, she doesn't eat oily food." Anika tried to point out but Xander just shook his head.

"I ran it through her dietitian. She can eat this much now." He added the poorly cut onions into the pan and sautéed them.

Anika rolled her eyes, giving up. She was trying to say that Joanne didn't like it, not that she wasn't allowed to eat it. But it was very clear that Xander was not going to pay any attention to her. It was the same when she had told him that Joanne didn't like whipped cream in her milkshake or that she liked her grapes boiled before making the juice.