48. Why Are You Taking His Side?

________________________

.

.

.

Xander wrinkled his nose, grunting in his sleep. His whole face felt itchy.

He wondered what happened so early in the morning that had him feeling so uncomfortable.

He squinted his eyes open to come face to face with Wolverine, who was sleeping on his back, his limbs up in the air, his drool on Xander's cheek.

"Oh come on!" Xander sat up, scrunching up his nose as he violently rubbed his face. Wolverine was instantly up as well, glaring at him.

"Don't give me that look; you are the one at fault!" Xander glared back.

"Excuse me? What the fuck is going on and why the hell are you scolding my kid?" Joanne walked out of the bathroom in her fluffy bath-robe, and from the looks of it, Xander could see that the woman had taken a bath and was halfway through straightening her hair.

"He is rubbing his fur and drool all over my face!" He complained.

Joanne rolled her eyes, moving over to the bed and scratching the back of Wolverine's ear. "That's the reason you are destroying the peace and quiet of a nice morning? Honestly Xander, grow up!"

"Why are you taking his side?"

"Because he is three. You are thirty!" Joanne rolled her eyes as she turned and walked back into the bathroom.

"I am twenty-nine." Xander grumbled to himself as he untangled himself from the blanket and put on his slippers, and followed her into the bathroom.

Joanne was back at straightening her hair. "You know I will kill you if you use the toilet or shower while I am in here, right?" She hummed as she straightened a section of her hair, a hair pin in between her teeth.

"Why? Your virgin ass get embarrassed by that sort of thing?" Xander chuckled as he walked over to her.

Joanne narrowed her eyes. What exactly was going on in his devilish mind?

"Ahhh... You smell so good after a shower." Joanne's breath got hitched in her throat as he said what he said, wrapping his arms around her slender frame.

"W-what are you.. doing?" She stuttered, her cheeks and nose turning red.

"What do you think I am doing?" He nuzzled his nose into her neck.

"Don't!"

.

.

.

"What happened to your forehead?" Anthony asked as he sat down opposite his older brother.

"Caught someone by surprise. Got burnt by the straightener." Gregory chuckled as he read through the news on his phone.

Leon and Anika too laughed out again, for the seventh time that day over the incident that occurred in Joanne and Xander's bathroom that morning.

Xander shook his head, looking down. Though he wanted to act mad, he too was amused how flustered his wife was, which led to her trying to shake him off with the straightener in her hand, and burning his forehead in the process.

It was not every day he got to find his badass wife flustered and speechless.

"Where's Jo?" Stella walked out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Anika looked up from where she was, feeding Ava her chocolate drenched pancakes.

"She prepared the breakfast and fled the scene." She laughed as she spoke. The table went into another laughing feat.