67. You Just Went Off Radar

______________________

.

.

.

Joanne walked up the stairs to her home with purpose.

"Jo?" Anthony was confused with the way she was suddenly behaving. Just a while ago, she was in the car grooving to the radio as if she hadn't just left the hospital where her brother-in-law lay with a gunshot wound.

"Go to your wife, Tony. I am going to my room." She announced as she walked in the door.

Rubina was in the living room, in her favorite arm chair which once used to be her husband's and which she always insisted on bringing whenever they moved, and this time she had sure hoped that it would be the last time they were moving because she sure felt like the present house was perfect, and the chair fitted perfectly into the living room, by the fireplace.

She stood up as soon as she saw her 'favorite' granddaughter-in-law.

As much as she was in a hurry, Joanne paused because she knew that she owed the old lady the information about her recovering grandson no matter how much she despised her.

"He is going to be fine." Joanne said, throwing in a small reassuring smile. "He will be in the hospital for a while now. But he is going to be just fine."

Rubina gave a stiff nod, keeping up her cold exterior but the relief was clear in her eyes. Of course, she was worried sick about her grandson; she was always worried about all nine of her family though she often came out as cold and insensitive.

Joanne returned the nod and continued on her way to her bedroom, closing the door and locking it before she hurried into the bathroom, taking out her laptop from it secret compartment. She didn't know how much time she had before Xander came home or someone else came searching for her, nor did she know how much time it was going to take her to get what she wanted but she knew that she had to do what she had thought out if she wanted to protect her family, because the incident from the last night had convinced her that there was not one person in the whole wide world that Joanne Anderson Blake could trust.

.

.

.

Anthony tried to be as quiet as possible as he pushed open his bedroom door, though he did wish that his wife wasn't asleep. But to his disappointment, she was. It was only Stella and Ava who didn't know that Gregory had been shot. Anthony had no idea what was the excuse that she was told. He knew that Ava was told that her Mommy and Dadda had to go on another trip but Mommy would try to visit at least once a day.

He knew that Stella wouldn't be told that because she will know as soon as she was out of the bed, and knowing Olivia, she might have already told her the truth. But Anthony really didn't want his girl knowing about the problems they were going through and the dangers looming about. They were having a baby and they should be able to only focus on that. On their child.

He sighed as he sat down by her bedside, stroking her brunette waves. He was doing some things without his brothers knowing, dangerous things. It had seemed like a good idea when he started out - he had been newly married and he had the drive to prove himself, prove that even though he was the youngest he was still capable of getting big things done by himself because his brothers always treated him like he was a baby. But now that he was having a baby, it seemed like the most horrible time to come up with this solo mission of his. They were too much risk involved and he might have to be away for long and he didn't want that. He wanted to make Stella and their baby his sole priority now, but for that he would have to let his brothers know and that would mean that this particularly gig will be taken out of his hands. He really was in a dilemma.