50. Call It A Corporate Honeymoon?

_________________________

.

.

.

"I have work." Stella replied when Anthony asked her to go with him.

Leon and Olivia gave each other knowing looks – they wondered when these two were going to patch up.

"Just go. I am sure he won't be long." Olivia piped in, earning a grateful smile from her brother-in-law.

Stella, on the other hand, narrowed her eyes at her best friend, surprised by the fact that the woman was taking Anthony's side.

"Hey you people!" Joanne walked over to where the four of them were, her iPad tucked under her arm. "I heard my husband is trying to barter models for some time with me? Desperate much?"

Anthony rolled his eyes while Leon nodded, chuckling.

"So now that there is going to be no such deal, leave the building darlings. We have work." She said, tapping at her iPad.

"About that, Xander wants to talk to you." Anthony smirked. Joanne's smile dropped within a second. She didn't know what Xander wanted to talk to her about but she did know that she did not want to talk to Xander now that he had started to be touchy-feely with her and it was making her feel awkward and weak and embarrassed and Xander was getting a kick out of it.

"And I was asking Stella to come with me for a while." Anthony added.

"What? Do you even know how much wor- OWW!" Joanne screeched when Olivia pinched her with her long sharp nails. She gave her dummy of a friend a look which had her catching up to the situation.

"Oh, that's right Stella. It's not like you have much to do here until HR Department comes with a solution. Off you go!" Joanne waved her off which had Stella gaping at her best friend. If she had expected anyone to be on her side in this situation, it was Joanne because while Olivia was tolerant of everyone in the family, Joanne actively disliked Anthony though she was passive-aggressive about it. It was not that Joanne disliked-disliked him. It was just that both of them were somewhat equally stubborn and immature that they clashed all the time.

"But-"

"No buts and ifs please; we already have way too much on our plates." Olivia cut her off, pushing her best friend towards her husband.

"Have fun!" Joanne exclaimed and Olivia waved, scooting out of the place before Stella could protest.

.

.

.

Stella kept her silence all through the ride. Anthony didn't try to strike a conversation either. He loved her but he wasn't a simp. At least that's what he kept telling himself.

Stella became increasingly aware of her surroundings. She knew the road they were taking. Anthony and Stella had taken this road before, in the same car.

Anthony parked the car in the lot next to the beach.

Stella stared ahead at the private beach that belonged to the Kings.

And she was taken back to the night that changed everything.

.

.

"You could thank me by saying yes."

She scrunched her nose up in confusion.

"Huh?"

He pulled out a velvet box and went down on his knee.

"Will you grant me the great honor of being your one and only till death do us apart?"