88. Emergency Shipment Trouble

___________________________

.

.

.

"Hi." Joanne smiled smugly at her grandfather who was surprised to find his grand daughter calling him on the laptop that was supposed to be untraceable.

"You surprise me everyday, my love." He said, letting out a puff of smoke of his cigar.

"And you shock me every day, my darling grandpa." She smiled her extra-sugared smile.

"I like your husband; he tells you everything." He smiled.

She raised a brow. "Is this what it was about?" She asked though she knew very well that was not the case. She needed to find out what was going on in his demonic mind but she knew that she could not get it out of him or her mother.

"He needs to be on your side, love." He nodded to himself. "He will make a good sidekick."

"Wow, I don't know what to say." She chuckled. "You know what-" She stopped immediately when she heard footsteps and quickly hung up, cursing under her breath as she quickly laid down and covered herself, tossing her phone aside just as Xander entered looking confused, "Were you talking to someone?"

"Am I not allowed to talk to myself anymore?" She countered immediately.

Xander blinked, looking at his one difficult woman of a wife, and then he just let out a chuckle, now used to Joanne Xander King being Joanne Xander King.

"Of course you are." He said, with a small smile on his face. "I am sorry I interrupted your monologue." He said sincerely.

Joanne narrowed her eyes at him, not because she thought he was being sarcastic but because her heart had sped up and her stomach was doing somersaults. How the hell did this man come to have such effects on her? It was unforgiveable!

"Just go away so that I can nap." She huffed and closed her eyes.

"Okay." He whispered and made his way to the balcony with his laptop so that he wouldn't disturb his wife's slumber.

.

.

.

Jackson Blake put out his cigar and sat back in his rocking chair in his dark study. He was staring at the pictures from his little girl's wedding. There was no love in her eyes but he could see that they were meant to be.

He looked over to the side table and at the picture of his wife. "She is in love now honey."

He smiled and looked back at the picture on the screen, his eyes now on the man his grand daughter was married to.

His smile turned to a grimace. "She is in love with the wrong guy. Her newfound love can ruin my twenty four years of hard work and patience."

Jackson was positive that at some point, Joanne will let Xander take over the Mafia, because he knew the business and she was in love with him, and he couldn't have that. He could not let it go to someone other than his own blood. His son had been a disappointment. He could not let his little girl disappoint him.

So Xander King had to go. And Joanne Xander King had to go back to being Joanne Anderson Blake.

.

.

.

"Are you really going to keep doing this?" Rodney asked, her voice breaking.

Joanne immediately stopped what she was doing, which was ignoring her mom and doing the most trivial things. Yes, she had called Rodney 'Mom' but she was still being her petty self and doing everything to show Rodney that she was still mad at her for keeping the truth from her.