13. Am I Dead Yet?

Two weeks later...

.

.

.

|| JOANNE LAKE ||

.

It was six in the evening. I was on my bed, lying on my stomach. No no I wasn't sick, just super fed up of my stupid life.

Old Man lay beside me, his muzzle resting on the back of my neck while I did some shopping.

"Yo dumbass?" I patted his muzzle and he tried to snap his jaw at me.

"Bite me and I will make you run an hour everyday for three months."

That settled him down.

"This one or this one?" I showed him two dresses I was confused about buying.

I wasn't much of a dress person, mainly because I liked to sit with my legs in the air but these two were too pretty to be ignored. 

P.S. most of my clothes got soiled in the break in.

He gave me a bark.

"Both? Okay."

I ordered both and was about to go look for chocolates when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I said tiredly.

"MY CAR'S MISSING!"

I sat up, completely awake.

"What do you mean?"

Old Man looked up as I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of jeans. .

"I just got off from work and I reach the parking lot and it's not here." Olivia sounded super stressed.

I quickly took off my PJ shorts and wore my jeans. My t-shirt was presentable so I decided not to change it.

"Okay, I will be there in ten minutes. Go sit at the lobby. I will call you when I get there." I said as I put on a coat and sneakers.

I quickly grabbed my wallet, my phone and my car key, and door key.

I stopped just as I was about to close the door.

I looked at Old Man who had walked out to see me out.

I took a deep breath and went back in, taking out his leash and taking him along with me.

I locked the door with the keys and then the electric lock that was newly installed when we moved back a week ago.

We rode the lift down to the basement and got into my black Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Roadster. My little baby. He held the second place in my heart after Old Man.

I quickly settled the huge dog in and fastened the seatbelt and we took off.

I called Olivia when we reached the building but she wasn't picking up.

"You gotta be kidding me!" I said as I parked the car.

I huffed as I got out. I hoped our CEO, Samuel 'Sammy' Ames, had already left because I had requested to work from home saying I had food poisoning.

The guy was pretty cool but he was a sarcastic ass. And yeah, he was also Mom's friend which was how I got the job here in the first place. 

He was a weird fellow - he gifted me Old Man for my twenty-first birthday, three years ago when Old Man was just a month-old puppy.

Pfft... the pictures of him in his diapers made me laugh my gut out to this day.

 Sammy's driver picked him up so there was no use scanning the parking lot.