81. Honestly Dude, I Hate Surprises!

____________________

.

.

.

Stella waved Joanne goodbye from the window and turned back to her burger. "They are so cute!" She gushed to herself as she bit into her food, wrapping her hand around Joanne's glass of coke.

Olivia smacked her hand away.

"Oww." Stella looked up at her.

"One unhealthy food is enough a day." She glared at her best friend.

Stella narrowed her eyes. "Keep your health advices for the magazine."

"Right." Olivia rolled her eyes and pulled the glass to herself.

Stella groaned and even tried the puppy eyes but nothing was going to melt Olivia's resolve to be the pregnant woman's personal fitness coach.

Grumbling, Stella retired to having her burger and mint lime while Olivia checked her phone. Another text message popped up on the screen. She tapped on it instantly.

Jo's husband seems like a nice guy. I hope yours isn't as nice. I don't need that kind of competition at the moment. XD

xoxo

Z

Olivia's eyes widened. Zach was keeping an eye on her? She subtly looked around, almost believing a person in a grey hoodie was him until she looked up, revealing her to be a teenage girl.

Why was he keeping an eye on her? Why was he not coming forth?

For the first time, she couldn't help but text back.

Where are you?

The reply came back almost immediately.

Ha, made you text me, didn't I? Don't worry my Olives, I will be come to you soon.

Why was he doing this? Why was she freaking out instead of feeling excited?

.

.

.

"Honestly dude, I hate surprises!" Joanne whined for the hundredth time as she munched on the chocolate dipped strawberries he had gotten for her.

"Want one?" She stuffed one in his mouth before he could say anything.

He rolled his eyes, chuckling to himself as he thought how unromantic the two of them were.

"Where are we going?" She squinted at all the sign boards.

"I may not be the best when it comes to navigation but this is definitely not the direction to the beach."

"We are not going to the beach." He said flatly.

"Why not?" She pouted. She wanted to go to the beach; what if she was to die on the operating table without knowing when the last time she went to the beach was?

"I am taking you somewhere else." He rolled his eyes.

"I can see that." She said, giving him a flat look. "Somewhere other than the beach."

"I will take you to the beach." He promised. "Before the surgery." He added before she could specify it.

Joanne humphed and settled back in her seat, eating more of the sweet goodness.

"Can I have one more?" Xander looked over at the plastic container on his wife's lap.

"No." She huffed as she tossed yet another strawberry in her mouth.