40. I am Not Coming

_____________________________

.

.

.

Anika stared dumbfoundedly at her husband when he finally stepped back, both of them heaving in oxygen hungrily after what just happened.

"I hope that gave you enough clarity about how I want to advance this situation of ours." Gregory smirked, finally feeling confident about getting their relationship somewhere now that he had finally took the first step.

Before Anika could say anything, her phone rang.

Both of their eyes darted to the device. Liam's name flashed across the screen.

Anika cursed her luck. There was going to be yet another argument.

Gregory looked irritated but instead of blowing up, he walked over to the phone.

"Gregory don't!" Anika whined. She didn't even want to think what the dude was about to do.

He ignored her and picked up the phone. "Hello." He said in his deepest, most intimidating voice.

"Um.. Is this Anika's husband?" Liam was confused.

"Yes, and this is?" Gregory had a small smirk forming on his face.

"Um.. Liam Wang, Anika's friend."

"You never told me about this new friend of yours, baby." Gregory turned to his wife.

Anika sat down on the couch, looking flustered.

What the hell was happening?

All she wanted to do now was lock herself up in her bedroom and call the two idiots who had put the idea in her head in the first place.

But things were falling into place, wasn't it?

But she hadn't expected him to make a move so quickly. And she had reacted very willingly... desperately. The more she thought about it, the more embarrassed she became.

"We just met yesterday." Liam explained.

"Oh okay, Anika is busy today."

"Of course. Bye then."

"Bye."

Gregory hung up and placed the phone back on the table.

"What was that?" She whined, her face in her hands.

"I don't know. Tying up loose ends." Gregory shrugged.

Anika looked up, narrowing her eyes.

"You make it sound like I had something going on with him. I met him yesterday at the beach went to have lunch with him. And I clearly told him I am off-limits because I am married and have a child." She rolled her eyes.

"You could have told me that."

"When have you ever listened to me?" She scowled.

Gregory set and unset his jaws and said, "Don't put the blame on me, Anika. Today is the first time you actually tried to talk about our relationship. What we should do with our relationship. And I like to believe there is great progress." His eyes darted to her lips.

Anika gulped, feeling her cheeks warm up.

"This is weird!" It really was weird, wasn't it?

Four years of bullshit couldn't just randomly disappear overnight, could it?

"Take your time." Gregory shrugged, plating his breakfast and getting back to work in his room.

Anika stared at the door he had disappeared behind for a good seven minutes before she finally decided to try to make head and tail of the situation. She grabbed the phone and called Olivia.