52. So I am Stuck With These Idiots?

________________________

.

.

.

"Wise men say...

Only fools rush in...

But I can't help falling in love with you..."

Anthony sneezed and shook his head, trying to get the feathery flower off his face.

"What the fuck, Joanne!!!" He whisper-yelled, glaring at his sister-in-law who just gave him a cheeky grin.

"You looked so lost, so much in bliss watching Stella do Ava's hair..." Joanne said dreamily playing with the flower and then stood straight and gave him a sarcastic smile. "That I felt nauseous and needed to do something about it." She gave him a witchy cackle at the end for good measure.

"Jesus Stell, what is she on so early in the morning?" Anthony glared at her before walking into little Ava's room and sitting beside his wife on the bed.

"What did she do?" Stella chuckled, her best friend and husband fought like siblings. She was getting used to it and she would take their banter over their cold war any day.

"Just trying to brighten up his day, point out to him that he is whipped, and remind him how much I hate him." Joanne listed out as she walked in after him, still playing with the flower.

"Okay, why are you in such a good mood today?" Stella laughed as Joanne knelt down before a beaming Ava and held the flower up.

"You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. And wish from this day forth never to be parted from you."

Ava giggled taking the flower. "Thank you, Aunt Joey."

"And now she is quoting Mr. Darcy." Stella raised a brow.

"Is it me or does she get weirder by the day?" Anthony bit his nail, as they watched Joanne sweep Ava off her feet and twirl around the room with her.

"Joanne?" Stella called her, confused with the new behavior.

Joanne had been going through neutral, rational phase ever since Stella and Anthony's marriage, though there was always an ounce of craziness here and there. But today she had woken up a complete crackhead.

"Don't mess her hair, Jo!" Stella yelled over the cacophony of lyrics her best friend was spewing.

She stopped and then looked at her niece and then back at her best friend. "Why is she so dressed up for home?"

"Mommy, Dadda and me are going to park!" Ava cheered. "And picnic!"

"And you have Olivia and have to go?" She asked, her eyes narrowing.

"Yeah." Stella nodded, confused by the sudden change in her mood.

"So I am stuck with these idiots?" Joanne settled Ava on the bed and jerked her head in Anthony's direction who gave her a flat look at the term of 'endearment' she had used.

"Oh don't miss us too much, sis-in-law. We have a.. uh.. 'field-trip'." He smiled smugly. "So Leo, I and Xander will be gone."

Joanne scrunched up her nose at the way he said her husband's name but then her eyes widened when she realized what that meant.

"WAIT, I AM GONNA BE ALONE WITH RUBINA?" She screeched, looking like someone had asked her to drink from the toilet.

Anthony burst out laughing at the constipated look she had on her face as compared to the happy Cheshire cat grin she had on a few minutes ago.