49. Nobody Knows What He Is Thinking

________________________

.

.

.

"This was a completely unlikely situation and I want each of you to know that it wasn't your fault." Samuel said as he paced around the front of the conference hall. "But... that doesn't mean that the problem can be ignored. We can't cancel the fashion show. It contributes to a twenty-nine percent of the profit."

"But how are we supposed to find thirty models in two days, do fittings, rehearsals and everything especially when it's the weekend?" Lara Malcolm put forward a question.

Samuel pursed his lips and looked over at Stella who nodded her head, agreeing with what Lara had to say.

The conference hall burst out in discussion, everyone trying to come up with something or the other that could be done.

"Excuse me sir?" Jane Alistair, his secretary, approached Samuel. "There was a call from the reception. Leon and Anthony King are here."

Samuel was beyond confused. Why the hell were they here? Now with Joanne married to Xander King, he was aware of their illegal activities. So he was very wary of having some Mafia men walking around his building.

But then he realized that their legal business included fashion houses under the Rubina King. Maybe they could help? Maybe they were here to help? Though it was unlikely for men to help just because their wives work at his place and he also hoped they didn't know who he was to Joanne because she would have his head if she had had to come up with more crazy stories to cover up. Though he did wonder why the great Rodney Lake had failed to come up with an impenetrable story in the first place.

"Ask them to be escorted into my office." He said and quickly took out his phone and texted his niece, 'Get out of my office. Your brothers-in-law are coming up.'

"Stella, Olivia." He called for them and gestured to outside the conference hall.

"Both of your husbands are here." He announced while both the ladies were surprised – Olivia because she didn't think Leon had any business at her workplace and Stella because she still hadn't patched up with Anthony.

Samuel sighed and asked, "I know this is stupid but I just wanted to know if you told your husbands or any other member of your family about Jo being my niece."

The two women looked at one another. Olivia really hadn't anyone to tell it to and Stella and Anthony had been fighting so neither did she. But they did not understand why that would matter. Nevertheless, they shook their head.

"Good." Samuel said. "My sister was disowned by our father after she married Jo's dad so if he gets to know that I am in contact with her, that will be the death of me. So don't tell anyone. Not even your husbands."

Olivia and Stella nodded, though they didn't buy the story. What was happening? And was Joanne hiding something?

Samuel gestured to the corridor leading to his room and walked away.

"I don't believe one word he said but I will keep quiet about it because it really seemed like Joanne wasn't very thrilled about others knowing." Olivia concluded.

"Yeah, it's her family. She will tell us in her own time." Stella agreed, sighing.

Joanne indeed was a private person and they respected that. It was none of their business anyway as long as all of them were safe.

.

.

.

"So you are telling me that you are ready to contract out your exclusive models for The Lush Week?" Samuel pressed his chin against his interlocked fingers.