94. Catch You Later

__________________________________

.

.

.

Xander had to grab his wife by the waist to stop her from running into the house. She was supposed to walk around with a surgical mask on for a while now, to minimize the contraction of any kind of infection. She really wasn't impressed with the many restrictions on her. But at least she was alive and breathing. And would be for a long while now.

"Where's my pup?" She turned to her sister in law.

"He is inside. In your bedroom. Waiting for you." Anika shook her head with a small smile on her face as she replied. Her little girl didn't know that her favorite aunt was coming back yet. Anika knew that Ava wouldn't be able to control her excitement once she hears but she wanted her sister in law to settle in and get some rest before the duo met and started with their commotion.

"Okay let's go." Xander let go of her arm only to grab her hand. "We are walking, okay?"

Joanne rolled her eyes. Her husband was the biggest drama queen to ever walk the face of the earth. And to think this man was supposed to a cold cruel Mafia man!

She would be lying if she said that she didn't lowkey feel special about the way he treated her, like she was the most precious thing in his life. She would watch him scream or speak in a dangerously low voice over his phone while he was staying at the hospital and then she would wonder if maybe her stupid mushy brain wasn't imagining it and he really did love her the way she loved him? But then she thinks, 'Yeah right. He treats me like a queen. I treat him like trash. There is no way in hell he would love me.'

It was only Xander's hold on her hand that stopped her from running up the stairs and into her room to tackle her pup. As soon as she walked in, Wolverine was on his feet.

"No, Wolf, I told you that you are supposed to stay calm!" Xander took a step forward and shielded his wife, holding his hand up to stop Wolverine.

"Wolf?" Joanne rose on her toe tips and looked over his shoulder. "Why are you calling my kid Wolf?"

"He is your Old Man, Ava's Puppy and now my Wolf." Xander rolled his eyes. "Get over it."

Joanne was about to protest but Xander completely ignored her and continued speaking to Wolverine.

"Alright Wolf, sit back down."

"You are actually letting him call you Wolf?"

"He lets you call him Old Man."

"Yeah, coz he's mine."

"And you are mine. And so by default, he's mine too." Xander said as if it was the most normal thing in the world to say. He had no idea what that did to his wife's heart. Yes, she had once said things like that but then, she never really meant it. She always thought he was hers since they were married. But now things had changed and every single word of his hit different, and she wondered if he had any idea what he was doing to her.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." She said awkwardly and took her steps towards the bed, her lips stretching in a wide smile under her mask as soon as she got to properly see her little one.

"Hey stupid!" She grinned at him while he howled in protest. One would think she would use some words of endearment after being away for so long. But he knew and she knew how much they loved each other and that's all that really mattered.

"The room is sanitized. Wolf has been properly cleaned. I think it's safe for you to take off your mask here." Xander let her know. He had taken all possible precaution because it had been pretty evident how much she hated having to walk around with a mask on.

"Thanks." Joanne took the mask immediately and before Xander could see it coming, placing a kiss on his cheek.

Joanne had turned around and was approaching her little boy that she didn't notice the slight change in color on her husband's face.

"Okay, I have work. I will be back by dinner time." He said after clearing his throat.

Joanne hugged her pup and then turned to him, ruffling Wolverine's mane. "You are not going anywhere."

Xander wanted to tell her that he wanted to stay too but him being him couldn't bring himself to say it and also, the meeting was important.

"I have gotta go to this one." He shrugged. "Catch you later." With that and a heavy heart, the lovestruck Mafia man left his wife in her room.

Joanne pouted but then turned to her Old Man. "Do you have any idea what all shit is happening behind our back?"

Wolverine let out a low bark, having no idea what she was talking about. He was only concerned with the fact that his Mommy was back and he could cuddle all he wanted now.

Joanne rested her cheek against the head of her huge dog and sighed. She was in the room which had all of the gadgets she needed. And now that she had absolutely nothing to do, she was going to fid out what each and everyone of her family were up to.

Starting with - what the hell did Leon have to do with the creepy messages Olivia has been getting?

.

.

.

"Daniella Olsen, huh?" Jackson stared at the picture taken about an year ago, one where his granddaughter's husband had his arm wrapped around a blond woman.

"She is Walter Olsen's youngest daughter." The man he had assigned on the case informed him, changing the picture to a family picture of the Olsen's.

"Hmm... How is Olsen doing these days?"

"He has retired from the Mafia life. Daniella Olsen works under the Kings now." The informant replied. "There was some great disagreements after Joanne Lake's marriage to Xander King and then she was the one who introduced the Brazilians to Anthony King."

Jackson nodded. Even the informant didn't know that Joanne Lake was actually Joanne Anderson Blake, the woman that he one day would be serving instead of his present Boss. It was with such great discretion that he had raised his little girl. And for obvious reasons.

"I want to meet this Daniella Olsen." Jackson smirked to himself, the wheels turning in his devilish mind.

"Of course Sir." The unassuming man said and excused himself, leaving the room.

Jackson Blake sat back on his chair and stared up at the ceiling.

Daniella Olsen was going to be the pawn that would help him eliminate Xander King from his little girl's life. He had to make sure that even Rodney didn't know about this; because as capable as she was, the woman didn't think with her brain when it came to matters concerning her daughter.

But Jackson had a responsibility. It was to make the next Boss of the American Mafia just as invincible and strong as he was.

And he didn't care to what extent he had to go to make that happen.

.

.

.

_______________________________