Observations

****Willow's POV****

It was coming down to our final few days in Surrey and these last few days have probably been the most awkward for me, I almost find myself distancing myself from Miles and Ruby whilst I try and figure out what's been going on between the two of them. I know from other people that they are both flirty with each other, even though she's still with Rez and I don't want to make a fool out of myself by not seeing what they have going on.

Tonight we're having food around the open fire but there was still one person I had to go and see. Ever since my argument with Inga, I've been contemplating where I stand with Maeva when she didn't stick up for me, so I noticed her and James were in there pool area and made my way over.

"Hi guys." I said as I opened the glass doors. "Have you got room for a little one?"

"Of course." James said. "We were just about to open a bottle of champagne, would you like a glass?"

"I don't think I've ever refused that offer before."

"I'll be back in a bit."

"Come with me, I was just about to go in the sauna." She said once I'd stripped down to my bikini. I followed her lead and took a seat next to her on the bench. "How have you been?"

"To be honest, I kind of need a friend at the moment. I feel like a few thing have happened between us and I miss having a friend like you around. I know you'll tell me things straight."

"I honestly didn't know you felt that way, I thought we were both just busy. Have I done something to upset you?"

"I feel like when you came over that night with Inga and Paris, I heard you told her those comments were wrong, I don't know I just expected you to stick up for me a bit more, come and tell me those things before I hear them from Julius."

"Can I put my side of the story out there? I know the comments Inga made were wrong and I told her sternly not to say those things about you, but Eloise has twisted this whole conversation. There was no bitchiness in the conversation, we were all just genuinely looking out for the girl."

"But that genuinely caring conversation seemed to include slating me for literally just standing next to Miles and being his friend."

"I feel like this whole thing has been miscommunicated, I made sure the girls knew those things they were saying weren't true. I'm genuinely sorry though if you think I didn't have your back because I completely did, I've known you a lot longer than I've known those two."

"Thank you."

"So what did you need my help with?"

"I feel like I'm going back on everything we've just talked about but do you think there's anything going on between Miles and Ruby?"

"Like romantically?" She clarified.

"Yeah."

"My honest opinion, I think she does have this sort of crush on him. I don't know about his side of things. Why?"

"I know he's your ex and everything and this is probably the worst thing you want to hear, but I just find myself being attracted to him. I enjoy spending time with him and yeah, I want to get to know him. But then there's Ruby and I'm prepared to step back from the situation if I feel like there could be something there between them."

"I feel like the best thing for me to do, is just to pretend you're not talking about Miles because it's your life and I'm sure you wouldn't care what his other exes have to say." When she said that I was so happy, one of my main worries was that she would put her own spin on things. "So I'll just say this, the reason I wasn't sure about the whole Ruby situation is because I can see something there between you both."